Bull I DID IT!!!

1 HOUR 7 MIN AND 35 SECS UNTIL MY DELIVERY WINDOW. ? I am leaving work early just to be there to give it the loving tender greeting it deserves in its new adopted home.

At 2 hours 59 minutes 58 seconds, you'll see the truck.. :)
ITS HERE!!! ITS HERE!!!

138CD3EC-7F4C-4110-9C95-675AB7AF9B46.jpeg

Ok....an update....the Good....the bad.....the Ugly....and the Phenomenal....in that order.

The good::)
The UPS guy shows up never got the phone call but I was outside sitting waiting so no big deal. It is literally monsooning here. I do not have a garage or a covered porch big enough to take the pallet in without it getting in the rain...Luckily for me the house next door with a covered driveway is being sold so nobody lives there. The UPS Driver happily helped me get it into the carport. The driver was great and was almost as interested in the grill as I was. Says he has seen quite a few in his deliveries so they must be good.

The Bad::(
once the driver left I tore into the boxing like a 5 year old on Christmas day!!
I ordered the competition cart with my order no no Joy. It was not shipped with the grill. I kept looking at all the boxes thinking I may have missed it but nope no joy.

The Ugly:?
3 of the 5 bags of pellets were torn and pellets were everywhere. The stack the pellets on top of the grill and what I am guessing are the grill door stops tore thru the box and into the pellet bags causing pellets to spill out....and man do they spill....now picture this...wood pellets and monsoon rain....hmmmm

The Phenomenal:?

SO now that I am happy it is here but I am severely disappointed. The only solace I have is all the stories of the awesome customer service they have. I was praying you all were not exaggerating. So I get on the Phone and speak to Ben. I told him I had placed an order for a Bull and had just received it to my home and the first thing he said is welcome to the family!! It took me by surprise. First I explained that I didn't receive the competition cart that I ordered with my order and he apologized repeatedly and told me that they are on back order. I asked him if that was the case why was I not notified and he explained that I should have been and there should have been paperwork saying they are on back order with the paperwork attached to the grill. There was none. He checks the computer and it shows that when my order was placed they had carts in stock but by the time they got to mine (they fill in order of receive) they didn't have any left. So on my order it said fulfilled when in fact it was not. I asked when they would be avail and he said in approx 2-3 weeks but they didn't want to hold up the order because of my message I had put in the order comments saying I was hoping to have by July 4th. Got to admit it went from ordered and delivered to my doorstep in 5 days. That is impressive. They have a list in the computer of people who are owed carts and he said I was put at the top of the list so I will be one of the first to get fulfilled. That was great to hear. It does come with the regular legs and I can use those to get started with so I will still be a go for the 4th ...Weather permitting!!

I then told him about the bags of pellets and I do think he was actually more upset than I was about it. I figured I had lost a total of 1 complete bag he said not only will he replace it but he doubled it and threw in some of their spices. He again kept apologizing and just wanted me to be happy. I am speechless. All of the stories I had read that you guys told were true. They are Phenomenal on the phone and truly care about their customers happiness. I cant put it together yet because of the rain but I am very happy I listened to all of you and how you raved about them and purchased a Rec Tec.

Pictures to follow soon!.......of the grill...not me:eek:

Well it looks like we may have hit a bump in the road.

The grill body and lid are crushed...o_O After now seeing this in person I cannot fathom for a min as to how this could have been done. It looks like an elephant sat on it. I kept thinking it must be an adjustment or something out of whack...this thing is a freaking tank. Once I really saw how bad it was I took some pics.
I sent the pics to to Ben and before I could pic up the phone he was calling me. He was beside himself and just did not know what to say. Needless to say he is shipping out a new entire grill monday morning and he and the shipping manager are going to try to have it expedited shipped if possible to have it by the fourth. I have already relegated myself to the fact that it will not make it in time.

While I was taking the pics I swear I thought I heard my old faithful MES chuckling as if to say "tried replacing me did ya...HAAA"

Well hopefull my MES will not be holding a grudge...He just got thrust back into the starting lineup for the 4th.

Again I cannot say enough about the customer service...so far ...GREAT!

I will keep you all informed!

IMG_2294.JPG
IMG_2295.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2299.JPG

Not much else to say but sorry to see that. You had your hopes pumped pretty high, and for you to get this outcome must be frustrating. Yeah, RT is doing all the right things after the fact, but I wonder if they have learned a lesson or not. On another board I recently likened the handling that UPS seems to give packages rivals the old Sampsonite gorilla commercials. They have a much higher rate of packaging damage than any other carrier we are served by. Oh well. Keep a good attitude, it'll take an extra week or so to right the ship but in the end you should have the cooker you've been expecting.

Thank you for the kind words @Uncle Bob. Yes its a little frustrating but hey...its just a grill right? There are people with far bigger woes than this. After dealing with Ben and seeing first hand how great he was trying to help me...I believe in my heart...all will be right in the end. He even told me it would be ok to beat it back into shape and use it for the forth and then send it back...LOL I almost considered but figured naa.

Now like you suggested to me once before...I'm going to have a nice glass of wine....and CRY!

My bride refers to this kind of stuff as "first world problems"...……………...still a pain in the butt though.

@NU2SMOKE Man I'm Soooo sorry to hear that your smoker is dented up. I had similar problems with my delivery and made RecTec aware that something is going wrong on the delivery end. And I know it's not on the RecTec side of it. It's a shame things like this happen because not only are you pissed, but the company could get a bad name from others doings. Anyways, keep the faith today they called me and righted the last of the wrongs on my smoker as well...can't say it enough 100% top-notch quality customer care along with a great warranty. They WILL make it right ,make sure to take more pics to send to them. In my case Estes needs to do some QC on their sub'd-drivers . Sucks you have to wait again now but in the end you'll be ahead and happy with your purchase. Goodluck hope the new one comes quickly.

I sent the pics to to Ben and before I could pic up the phone he was calling me. He was beside himself and just did not know what to say. Needless to say he is shipping out a new entire grill monday morning and he and the shipping manager are going to try to have it expedited shipped if possible to have it by the fourth.
Yeah looking at the pictures, something has certainly fell on the grill or been stacked on top of it.

Just the shear placement of that bend in both the hood and the body itself is a pretty strong point so something very heavy was on it, one way or another.

Rec Tec customer service saves the day again. I mean unless they have a monkey with a sledge hammer hitting the grill before it ships out - then there is nothing they could have done to prevent it but obviously they are doing everything they can to make it right.

It would be awesome if the new grill does get to you before the 4th of July. What a way to celebrate! :D

Keep us posted.

It would be awesome if the new grill does get to you before the 4th of July. What a way to celebrate! :D

Keep us posted.

From your keyboard to the ALMIGHTY above I am hoping...LOL

I have been sweet talking to my MES ever since to make sure he isn't hold a grudge. :rolleyes:

You now have me so nervous as I wait for mine. Mine is coming by a different shipper and I hope to have it tomorrow. They say that that is the earliest possible delivery date.

Best of luck and hopefully we are both doing our thing on new grills.....

You now have me so nervous as I wait for mine. Mine is coming by a different shipper and I hope to have it tomorrow. They say that that is the earliest possible delivery date.

Best of luck and hopefully we are both doing our thing on new grills.....
From your keyboard to the man upstairs ears I am praying....?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back