Bull I DID IT!!!

Well I can't take it anymore!! The website just wasn't giving me enough information so I called the shipper and they said tomorrow by 4....>woohooooo She could sense my ecstasy when I called and I told her that she made my day. She said you would make mine if you sent an email to my boss telling them that......hell yeah - I did just that

Well every body I guess I should give you an update to my ordeal....

IT CAME YESTERDAY!!! :LOL: THE NEW GRILL SHOWED UP YESTERDAY!! The box was in pristine condition. ?

Got it assembled and the assembly went very smoothly and performed the 90 min 400 deg burn in last night. Connected to the wifi and got that all working. I had 10 lbs of traeger pellets left from a 20 lb bag that I wanted to get rid of so I used them for the burn in. Set it to 400 deg...22 min later it was at 400 and it stayed rock solid at 400 for almost 45 min. It suddenly jumped to 425 (did not open door or anything). It lasted at 425 for 5 min then came back down to 400 and stayed there for the rest of the time. After 90 min I set it to 250 and watched it steadily come down and settle in. I was beautiful to watch. I went into the app and turned it off and it went thru its process to shut down. I let it cool completely then covered it and put it to bed for the evening.

This morning uncovered it...went into the app to see if it would turn on from the app....it did. I set it to low and it went to 180 and held stead fast and nice smoke coming from the chimney. After 30 min I opened the door for a couple of min...wanted to see how it reacted as if I was spritzing some...the temp climbed to 189 then came back down to 180 all the shile it is set to low. I then set it to 225 for the days workout and went inside to get things ready.

I am starting the day with some Bull Balls and some Pig candy. It will be followed with some ABT's and finishing up with a couple of slabs of ribs. Busy day for break in...?

SO far...my assessment is.... I AM FREAKING ECSTATIC!!!

Now for the pics....

That's how we roll around here!!!...hahaha..glad you got to use it for the Holiday weekend !! Congratulations!! A little tweaking and learning this unit compared to other ways of smoking and you'll be a Master chef !

Well every body I guess I should give you an update to my ordeal....

IT CAME YESTERDAY!!! :LOL: THE NEW GRILL SHOWED UP YESTERDAY!! The box was in pristine condition. ?
That is flipping AWESOME man! Just in time, just as both you and RecTec had hoped. Great news!

Congratulations NU2. Hearing how responsive customer service was, makes me feel even more confident about RecTec. Thanks for posting.

Congratulations NU2. Hearing how responsive customer service was, makes me feel even more confident about RecTec. Thanks for posting.
THEY HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY EXCEPTIONAL. I'd like to say I am exaggerating but I am not. You are going to love the grill even better!

So I got to miss out on all the excitement, but glad the RT crew came through in time for the 4th.

So I got to miss out on all the excitement, but glad the RT crew came through in time for the 4th.
Hey Bob...been wondering where ya been...hopefully on vacation or something fun. You have been missed here!

Yes it came in and all I can say is WOW what a beautiful piece of cooking wonder! I think I have every meal planned out for the nest 6 weeks...LOL I going to do a few more cooks on it ....some chicken, pulled pork, maybe a fattie or 2 and then Mr. Brisket and I are going to have a second go at it ?

Nothing as glamorous as a vacation...……………..we've been without internet for over a week. Here in the semi-boonies we only have one ISP (aside from satellite which sucks here too) through Century Link. To reach their "customer service" (ha!) you dial 1-800-we don't care-we don't have to. Finally my bride called the zone manager yesterday afternoon and they got a guy out this morning...…………...ta-dah. Unfortunately, from prior experience, I knew exactly what the problem was but the tech line folk refused to believe I knew what I was talking about and went about "fixing" it based on their scripts. Yeah, the on site tech today confirmed I was correct...………………….no solace in that.

Nothing as glamorous as a vacation...……………..we've been without internet for over a week. Here in the semi-boonies we only have one ISP (aside from satellite which sucks here too) through Century Link. To reach their "customer service" (ha!) you dial 1-800-we don't care-we don't have to. Finally my bride called the zone manager yesterday afternoon and they got a guy out this morning...…………...ta-dah. Unfortunately, from prior experience, I knew exactly what the problem was but the tech line folk refused to believe I knew what I was talking about and went about "fixing" it based on their scripts. Yeah, the on site tech today confirmed I was correct...………………….no solace in that.
Im sorry to hear about that but sure am glad to have ya back....you must have a ton of posts to get thru...lol

Maybe the RecTec customer service team can offer to train Century Link customer service. :D

Update....

Well it has been exactly one month since I got my Bull and I can honestly say that I have never been so excited and happy about any purchase I have made. This is truly a gift that keeps on giving.

It has opened up my thoughts about trying new dishes. It has improved our family time because now my daughters want to know when Im cooking something and are home to enjoy it. My wife and I decided to have a pool party for some friends for the first time in a long time and Im cooking for it and looking forward to it.

I have had absolutely no problems with it at all (other than delivery...lol and it is great knowing that if I do I have all my friends here to turn to and excellent customer support if needed.

SO 30 day assessment..... A+++++++

On another site related to outdoor cooking we were having a discussion in a similar vein. It's fascinating how human civilization has so much social interaction based around food (just picture cave folks around the fire roasting a dino rib set). I consider my efforts as practice toward perfecting the art rather than any form of expertise, but my neighbors and my bride's horsey crowd rave about the efforts. It is gratifying and stimulus toward continuing to improve. But while the protein products get compliments, for some reason they keep requesting the margaritas more than the food. What's with that?

On another site related to outdoor cooking we were having a discussion in a similar vein. It's fascinating how human civilization has so much social interaction based around food (just picture cave folks around the fire roasting a dino rib set). I consider my efforts as practice toward perfecting the art rather than any form of expertise, but my neighbors and my bride's horsey crowd rave about the efforts. It is gratifying and stimulus toward continuing to improve. But while the protein products get compliments, for some reason they keep requesting the margaritas more than the food. What's with that?
Can I get salt on the rim pf the glass please...;)

I have no doubts sir that you are an excellent craftsman of smoked goods...the only reason they keep requesting the margaritas is they know they have plenty of BBQ from you as a given!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back