I DID IT!!!

I just got caught up on your thread! What an ordeal with the first shipment, but Rec Tec to the rescue! Glad you are back on track and experiencing what me and so many others have experienced with Rec Tec and the RT-700.

I just got a new (new to me) phone yesterday (S7). It's already to go with the RT. I just hope it works as well as the old S4 phone with the original app did.

I do use my Bullseye more these days during the week. It's much faster to hit high temps and can sear with the best of them. It also smokes like crazy. The Bull is nearby and ready for any precision or overnight cooks.

Happy smoke!

I just got caught up on your thread! What an ordeal with the first shipment, but Rec Tec to the rescue! Glad you are back on track and experiencing what me and so many others have experienced with Rec Tec and the RT-700.

I just got a new (new to me) phone yesterday (S7). It's already to go with the RT. I just hope it works as well as the old S4 phone with the original app did.

I do use my Bullseye more these days during the week. It's much faster to hit high temps and can sear with the best of them. It also smokes like crazy. The Bull is nearby and ready for any precision or overnight cooks.

Happy smoke!
Hey @Grilltreats where ya been? Havent seen you in a while? Nice to see ya back! Congrats on the new phone...Im sure you wont have any issues...well none that have to do with the grill.. :sneaky:

I have to admit...I have had the Bull for 1 month now...poured in my 3rd bag of pellets and am loving every second of this grill. Everything I have ever smoked that I have redone on the Bull came out so much better. I had no idea what I was missing!!

Right now I am planning to attend a smoker gathering in Sebring Florida. 20-30 guys getting together with their pits at a park and we are going to be smiking 24/7 for 4 days!
They will have classes so you can learn diff techniques..ex brisket...ribs...pork buts...sausage making...ect. Its gonna be a blast!!

"smiking".....………………….is that some kind of Florida cult activity?

;)

Hey, thanks for asking! This heat has had me hibernating for a spell.

First off, no need to call Uncle Bob. Nothing wrong with people eating tasty animals.

I have been checking out my new phone (S7) with the latest RT app. It's a little different for sure.

The Con: On start up, the new app alarm (when turned on) will start alerting with every temp change/increase all the way up to the set point parameters. It will drive you bananas. The old phone and original app only started alerting once it hit the set point and went outside the set parameters. Much better indeed. The work around is to only turn the alarm on once heated up to within the alarm parameters. You just have to remember to do this.

The Pros: The old phone and app only beeped once for an alarm. If you didn't hear it, you were S.O.L. A visual alert would flash up a yellow bar when coming out of the phone's sleep mode, but was too quick to read most times. The new phone and app will alert with every degree change outside the alarm parameters set. You won't miss any alarms. The phone will also beep to let you know you have a notification as well, lol. So that's the only big difference I see between the old and new setups. I think I like the new setup better, but is a lot more noisier, which is not a bad thing.

Did you get your cart yet? I ordered a pad with my Stampede on 7/14 and the the pad was backordered. When I asked them about it a couple of weeks later they said they were still back ordered and they would send it out as soon as they got it. Since then nothing. There web site has never shown them out of stock.

Did you get your cart yet? I ordered a pad with my Stampede on 7/14 and the the pad was backordered. When I asked them about it a couple of weeks later they said they were still back ordered and they would send it out as soon as they got it. Since then nothing. There web site has never shown them out of stock.
Yes I did get the cart....still havent assembled it but I got it...LOL

Reactions: Kim
I GOT THE CALL!!! I GOT THE CALL!!!!???

IT WILL BE DELIVERED BETWEEN 3-6 TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!!
I am now facing the same situation as you. My grill arrived at the local service center this morning at 8am, it’s now 10am and no phone call. How long was it after the grill reached your local hub before they called you to schedule the delivery? It would be great if I could have mine by tomorrow!

Thanks,
Simon

I am now facing the same situation as you. My grill arrived at the local service center this morning at 8am, it’s now 10am and no phone call. How long was it after the grill reached your local hub before they called you to schedule the delivery? It would be great if I could have mine by tomorrow!

Thanks,
Simon
Well I got my answer, they finally called at 12:15, so about 4 hours after it arrived at the service center. Bad news is they don’t have any lift gate trucks available until Monday. Guess I’ll have to wait a few more days ☹️.

I had same issue. My Bull arrived in Raleigh on a Wednesday and up to Youngsville on Thursday and when I called, no truck available and no weekend delivery. I was told between 12-4 on Monday, it finally arrived at 5:45 on that Monday. It was killing me, but has been worth it.

Well guys....I did it...I just pushed the button and ordered my new REC TEC BULL! ?

Holy crap what have I done?!?!?!? ?

Thank you @Mike and @Uncle Bob for your advice and sharing your experiences and knowledge. Also thank you for this forum where one can come with what looks to be a great family of people who love to smoke and the grills you do it on.

Now I am suffering really bad from.....IS IT HERE YET>>>IS IT HERE YET!!!?
Just saw where Weber just came out with their pellet ? wonder how good it is? Called Fire Smoke or something,
anybody heard wether this unit is any good?

I had same issue. My Bull arrived in Raleigh on a Wednesday and up to Youngsville on Thursday and when I called, no truck available and no weekend delivery. I was told between 12-4 on Monday, it finally arrived at 5:45 on that Monday. It was killing me, but has been worth it.
Thanks for sharing!

Just saw where Weber just came out with their pellet ? wonder how good it is? Called Fire Smoke or something,
anybody heard wether this unit is any good?
Harry Soo and Weber both have some “first look“ videos on YouTube. I considered purchasing one but have never been a fan of 1st generation anything. It does sound like Weber put some thought into it, but we shall see. Definitely recommend the videos if you’re interested. P.S. My silver package RT-340 will be here Monday!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back