Stampede Indirect or indirect heat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Does the Rec Tec Stampede have an area where there is a direct heat, and a diff area that’s indirect heat?

Is this temp fluctuation the norm in pellet smokers or specific models depending on tech used? Using fan, I assumed temp won't fluctuate more than 10 F

At grate level i find it around 10, but it does fluctuate more across the cooking surface than the RTD leads one to believe. Though that is not an attribute that is unique to pellet cooking.

Any idea what the fluctuations range between what the controller says it is and actual reading at the grate where it most fluctuates?

Any idea what the fluctuations range between what the controller says it is and actual reading at the grate where it most fluctuates?
When trying to calibrate my internal to the meat probes I had to adjust mine down a few percent (would have to look again)... So mine personally, was about 10° off.

Thank you Buckeye smoker.

I think the built-in thermometer reads higher because of the location where it's installed and I have seen other smokers with the same setup where the thermometer's tip located at the upper end of the chamber rather at or slightly higher than the grate level.
With my gas grill reading the temp for indirect cooking the difference between grate level and warming rack is about 20 degree

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back