Interior Shelf

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Can I use the large interior shelf not the Bull to cook on or is it more for keeping things warm. Can I put extra racks of ribs/butts to cook? Any difference between regular grate and interior shelf heat wise? I've been waiting for them to come back in stock but only want it if i can use it to cook. ??

Can I use the large interior shelf not the Bull to cook on or is it more for keeping things warm. Can I put extra racks of ribs/butts to cook? Any difference between regular grate and interior shelf heat wise? I've been waiting for them to come back in stock but only want it if i can use it to cook. ??
The large interior shelf works and cooks great, just like the main grills on the Bull. I use it a lot to cook corn on the cob while what ever meats are cooking below, works great.

These grills are pretty much all indirect heat and act a lot like a convection oven, so there really should not be much difference in cooking on the rack versus the shelf. I have the large shelf but have not used it yet. I just have not needed it yet.

These grills are pretty much all indirect heat and act a lot like a convection oven, so there really should not be much difference in cooking on the rack versus the shelf. I have the large shelf but have not used it yet. I just have not needed it yet.
They are sold out. Waiting to get one ??

The large interior shelf was one of the packaged things I thought I would never use, I highly recommend it for the Bull, Next subject the grill cover meh.

The large interior shelf was one of the packaged things I thought I would never use, I highly recommend it for the Bull, Next subject the grill cover meh.
I have the cover, rarely use it. Maybe when the winter comes but now, I’d rather fire it up without having to go outside to take it off. Lazy, lazy lazy! ??

I have the cover, rarely use it. Maybe when the winter comes but now, I’d rather fire it up without having to go outside to take it off. Lazy, lazy lazy! ??
About the only thing I would use my cover for is to keep the pollen off it, I store it under a covered open porch but looking it it today when doing my latest modifications to the Bull it was pretty nasty with all the pollen on it, I blew it off with some compressed air and it almost back to new but needed a quick wipe down with stainless steel cleaner. I agree with you on the Lazy Lazy Lazy issues, I've have them too.

Last edited:
About the only thing I would use my cover for is to keep the pollen off it, I store it under a covered open porch but looking it it today when doing my latest modifications to the Bull it was pretty nasty with all the pollen on it, I blew it off with some compressed air and it almost back to new but needed a quick wipe down with stainless steel cleaner. I agree with you on the Lazy Lazy Lazy issues, I've have them too.
Anyone ever make their own interior shelf? ??

Anyone ever make their own interior shelf? ??
Wouldn't be to hard I wouldn't think, if you could find an old oven rack. Cut to size wanted. Bolts,washers, nuts, good to go.
if no welder

Wouldn't be to hard I wouldn't think, if you could find an old oven rack. Cut to size wanted. Bolts,washers, nuts, good to go.
if no welder
Pretty sure my wife would notice that one of the oven racks was missing ???

Does the shelf affect cooking time on the food underneath due to drippings?
Also, does anyone only put food underneath the shelf that you want the shelf foods drippings on? (Pork drippings on chicken is yummy, chicken drippings on beef is not yummy).

Does the shelf affect cooking time on the food underneath due to drippings?
Also, does anyone only put food underneath the shelf that you want the shelf foods drippings on? (Pork drippings on chicken is yummy, chicken drippings on beef is not yummy).
You are correct...chicken on top shelf is ok, Just be sure that it is not dripping on anything cooking underneath it.

You are correct...chicken on top shelf is ok, Just be sure that it is not dripping on anything cooking underneath it.
Ok to leave shelf in when not using it or does it block then Bottom grate? ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back