Bull Is buying and storing 15) 40lb bags of pellets a bad idea?

I usually use Cookin' Pellets. For a single 40lb bag it is about $44. I see on the Cookin' Pellets website they have a 15 bag deal which comes to about $25 per 40lb bag. It's nice to save money, but I'm worried about by the time I get to using them if some of them would be ruined from humidity. I usually smoke on the weekends. What do you guys think? What does everyone else do instead of paying $44 a bag?
I used to buy pellets by the half-pallet so I could keep the cost of pellets down to around $0.50/lb. I kept them in my garage…off the floor. Never had issues as long as the bag does get ripped open. Once a bag is opened, I store it in a 5 gallon paint bucket with lid. I have 3 buckets cause I do like using different flavored pellets.

I’ve been doing this for at least 15 years…no problems. Key…keep them off the floor. I used to just keep’em on the pallet. These days I have a rack I store them on.

I’m in Charleston SC so humidity is a concern for the pellets. But I’ve never had a problem using my storage methods.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigfishri
Back