It's Tuesday which is better than Monday...

Kim

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
But what's cooking this weekend?

I might smoke some fish and refreeze it. Smoked fish spread anyone?

Speaking of smoking fish how would one go about smoking cheese on a pellet grill?

No cooking this weekend for me on any pit. Moving my son back into school down at UMD. Enjoy and as always will look forward to all of everyone's weekend creations.

Hey at @Kim in order so smoke cheese you have to use the cold smoke method....the temo inside the chamber temp needs to be between 60-85 deg....any hotter and the cheess can/will start to break down. I cant cold smoke anything here in florida because my ambient air temp is in the 90's so I have to wait for winter....all 3 days of it here ?
WHat is you ambient air temp where you are?

Ambient temp here is hotter than Hades and no cool ocean breeze to cool us off this far inland. I'm in central NC so I would have to wait to smoke cheese too. I would also need to be ready at all times since it can be 90 here one day and 30 the next.

Brand new to the forum, just received my bull yesterday. With that said I am not new to cold smoking and I wanted to offer a suggestion! I am in NY so my ambient won't be quite as high but my old smoker used to sit in the sun and would register over 100 on warm summer days. I would put either a foil pan full of ice or multiple frozen jugs in my smoker to bring down the temp. I could usually bring it down to the 70 degree range with this method which I think is ideal for cheese. Hope this helps!

Boston butt for a party on Saturday and baby back ribs (3-2-1) for a party on Sunday.

I've never cooked a Boston butt wish me luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back