Just ordered myself a Chrismas present!

Congrats! The RT-700 is an awesome cooker. I have had mine for ~ 1.6 years now. I do a lot of 14 to 18 hour overnight smokes with whole packers and butts. It is a workhorse and a real pleasure to use. No real issues that I can think of. Maybe one would be that it sometimes would smolder longer than I cared for after the shutdown. I started unplugging it at the end of the 300 second shutdown cycle to prevent the auger run cycle afterwards, and have not had that issue since. The RT-700 just purrs along cook after cook. Check the calibration on the probes using the Ice bath method, then you should be golden.

New to the 700 club also. Fired it up for the 1st time today doing the break in. Can't wait to cook something.

I did also @dlchenegar been eyeballing for 8 months or so. I'm sure I will need lots of help.
Yep you will, infact if you divert it to me fisrt. I do a thorough QA, break it in and make sure its good and seasoned before returning to you. That way you can be sure youll have no problems ;)

Yep you will, infact if you divert it to me fisrt. I do a thorough QA, break it in and make sure its good and seasoned before returning to you. That way you can be sure youll have no problems ;)

If only I had known you provide this service, I'd have sent my Platinum package to you. Too late now. It arrived and I put it together last Wednesday and ran it Saturday. Sorry bud, you need to advertise this service. BTW, I've been lusting a Rectec for 10 years now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back