Lil’ Smokey is comin’ home!

Jim6820

Crazy Ol’ Basque
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
We’re moving most of the stuff from the old house to the new this weekend and Lil’ Smokey has an honored spot in the truck. It will be nice to get the Trailblazer alongside the new gas grill and expand my cooking horizons again. Haven’t used the Trailblazer in several months now.

In honor of the occasion, the Lil’ guy will be doing a brisket overnight on Saturday so we can feed the family members who are helping us move. I have a nicely trimmed 11# Prime brisket in the final stage of thawing in the fridge right now.

Pulled Lil’ Smokey out of the garage this afternoon and and did a run-through to verify all was still well. Set it at 210F and fired it off. Within 10 minutes, it had peaked at 242F, then settled in right at …wait for it…210F. I let it run for about 30 minutes and then shut it down. I think we are good to go.

It will sure be nice to have the little guy at the new house, along with my favorite recliner. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We’re moving most of the stuff from the old house to the new this weekend and Lil’ Smokey has an honored spot in the truck. It will be nice to get the Trailblazer alongside the new gas grill and expand my cooking horizons again. Haven’t used the Trailblazer in several months now.

In honor of the occasion, the Lil’ guy will be doing a brisket overnight on Saturday so we can feed the family members who are helping us move. I have a nicely trimmed 11# Prime brisket in the final stage of thawing in the fridge right now. Pulled Smokey out of the garage this afternoon and and did a run-through to verify all was still well. Set it at 210F and fired it off. Within 10 minutes, it had peaked at 242F, then settled in right at …wait for it…210F. I let it run for about 30 and then shut it down. I think we are good to go.

It will sure be nice to have the little guy at the new house, along with my favorite recliner. :rolleyes:
Congrats on getting the “family“ back together. I lost track of your discussion on which gasser to buy. I know you were looking at the Napoleon. What did you decide?

Congrats on getting the “family“ back together. I lost track of your discussion on which gasser to buy. I know you were looking at the Napoleon. What did you decide?
I bought the Napoleon Prestige 500 and like it very much. It is not a smoker, but it is a very nice grill with some awesome features like a lot of stainless steel and an 1800F infrared sear burner.

Put the brisket in Lil’ Smokey at 5am; 200F. Wrapped it at the 165F stall around 1pm and just pulled it (probe tender) a couple of minutes ago. It is resting in the big cooler bag, wrapped in towels. We’ll slice it around 5:30pm; that will give it a 2-hour rest.

Here’s a sneak peek at the 3-hour mark. I know, I know; “if you’re lookin’, it ain’t cookin’” but I couldn’t resist.

IMG_2220.jpeg

I’ll post a finished and sliced photo later.

As soon as Lil’ Smokey cooks off, he goes into the moving truck for the trip to his new home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back