looking for opinions : new legs vs comp cart

Bik

hi all,
i plan to position the 700 on my backyard deck, where it will spend most of it life. it will move around a lot on this deck, making small excursions over to the grass is greener side of the lawn from time to time. my question: are the new legs/wheels adequate for this type of mobility requirements, or should i just buy the comp cart?what do you think? thanks in advance for all your answers

Just my 2¢ ...Are the new legs adequate?
Yes , my RT-700 is stable and I hall it over unlevel concrete frequently. However, do I think the comp cart is better?. Not sure. But I do know that bigger 6" wheels would move better if you're going "off road" when you say grass. And being 6'4" I think the extra 1.5" in height would be nice.
So not knowing how level your deck and yard are, my question is: Are these things worth another $400 to you?
If so, it's your grill. So do what makes you happy, and what you can afford. Goodluck
P.s. don't forget you'll be adding some weight to the setup of you do with the cart.

Last edited:
New legs with the wheel mod would be the way to go.

I'm a taller guy and I love the extra height.

I have the comp cart and love it. It rolls butter smooth over anything even gravel, much easier to move with just one person, no possibility of tipping over and it flat out makes the Bull look awesome!!

New legs with the wheel mod would be the way to go.

I'm a taller guy and I love the extra height.
that was my plan, with the original legs/wheels. but i am unaware of a wheel mod for the new leg system. if you know of a wheel mod, please let me know

that was my plan, with the original legs/wheels. but i am unaware of a wheel mod for the new leg system. if you know of a wheel mod, please let me know

I can't think of why it would be any different than the original wheel mod. The rod for the axle would just need to be longer for the widened legs.

I haven't seen the new legs in person though.

I can't think of why it would be any different than the original wheel mod. The rod for the axle would just need to be longer for the widened legs.

I haven't seen the new legs in person though.
They're totally different on the new leg version. You could probably do a fairly easy exchange on the small wheel end. But not on the large end....no axle.
Screenshot_20190922-195517.png

Screenshot_20190922-195529.png

hi all,
i plan to position the 700 on my backyard deck, where it will spend most of it life. it will move around a lot on this deck, making small excursions over to the grass is greener side of the lawn from time to time. my question: are the new legs/wheels adequate for this type of mobility requirements, or should i just buy the comp cart?what do you think? thanks in advance for all your answers

I have the comp cart and JUST LOVE IT.. When I move it around my deck it is like dancing , just grab the horns and glide away where you want to go...

just as an update, after assembling the grill, the new legs are fine for the moment. stable and roll easily around my deck. thanks to showdawg, i have original legs to make the wheel mod in the future

hi all,
I have the competition cart. It is well worth the money. It is heavy, solid and moves even on grass. The trade off is bottom shelf storage. I have other smokers with side tables and storage so it wasn’t a problem. They are a bit pricey but I think worth the money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back