Poultry Lunch Break Episode 35: Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe

Mr&MrsSmith

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Would someone share the receipt for this week's Honey Sriracha Chicken? It sounds amazing but did not come through my email.
Our RT-700 is arriving Tuesday, and I am ready!
~Mrs Smith

Here you go:

Great forum, helpful folks and congrats on your Bull.....I love mine. Looking forward to seeing your pics of cooks and recipe notes!

Thanks friend. I saw the video, but the lunch break recipe (with measurements and such) didn't come through my email. I was hoping someone may have it and could share.

Thank you for your service. Mr. Smith is a veteran as well.

Thanks friend. I saw the video, but the lunch break recipe (with measurements and such) didn't come through my email. I was hoping someone may have it and could share.

Thank you for your service. Mr. Smith is a veteran as well.
Thanks for your kind words Mrs. Smith, I appreciate them!

I stumbled across this thread and then watched the video. Sounded interesting and I also couldn't find the recipe that they were using but I did find this one. Honey Sriracha Chicken I'm going to make it this afternoon and will let you know how it turns out.

Pretty successful dinner in my eyes. Wife not crazy about dark meat, spice or rubber skin so I knew this was going to be a challenge.

I don’t have Heffer Dust that was referenced in the video but based on a comment in the video I made my own rub from
1/2 tbs kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tbs paprika
Pinch of dried parsley that I ground up in my fingers

I seasoned the thighs with the rub and put in the grill at 350. I placed them on the edge like the video and rotated 180 degrees half way through. 40 minutes later the thighs were at 165. I opened the lid to slow things down and backed the temperature off to 180 while I got some other stuff ready. I brushed on the sauce and repeated about every 15 minutes. When everything was done I threw 3 of the thighs in the toaster oven on broil. The skin on those three was better than the one I didn’t broil but even that one had a decent bite. If your family isn’t into spicy food you may want to back off on the sriracha to 4 or 5 tbs. I was fine with 6 tbs.

Definitely a keeper for me but I need to try it with tenders or boneless breasts for my wife.

Attachments

• F55AC4D9-8BB7-4755-B846-60B00BD8D262.jpeg
    F55AC4D9-8BB7-4755-B846-60B00BD8D262.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
  • 312C666C-93DC-4ACA-BFD5-B34BFDBCD372.jpeg
    312C666C-93DC-4ACA-BFD5-B34BFDBCD372.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • 65C4DFB4-9440-4F12-ACEF-041EE8F522FC.jpeg
    65C4DFB4-9440-4F12-ACEF-041EE8F522FC.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 79
  • 075A6E0B-0251-4E6C-9E85-987F68B36220.jpeg
    075A6E0B-0251-4E6C-9E85-987F68B36220.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
Pretty successful dinner in my eyes. Wife not crazy about dark meat, spice or rubber skin so I knew this was going to be a challenge.

I don’t have Heffer Dust that was referenced in the video but based on a comment in the video I made my own rub from
1/2 tbs kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tbs paprika
Pinch of dried parsley that I ground up in my fingers

I seasoned the thighs with the rub and put in the grill at 350. I placed them on the edge like the video and rotated 180 degrees half way through. 40 minutes later the thighs were at 165. I opened the lid to slow things down and backed the temperature off to 180 while I got some other stuff ready. I brushed on the sauce and repeated about every 15 minutes. When everything was done I threw 3 of the thighs in the toaster oven on broil. The skin on those three was better than the one I didn’t broil but even that one had a decent bite. If your family isn’t into spicy food you may want to back off on the sriracha to 4 or 5 tbs. I was fine with 6 tbs.

Definitely a keeper for me but I need to try it with tenders or boneless breasts for my wife.
Yum, Thanks for the recipe. I did something similar and it was a hit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back