Meat probe dishwasher safe?

The probe end may well be, but the cable and especially the plug end likely aren't. Again, this is a question best answered by RT support... especially since they are the warrantee source.

Nobody here will stand behind the product failing.

From the manual...

Don't wait to long to clean the probe it gets a little hard to get some of that stuff off of it.

The connection from the probe to the braided cable is NOT water-tight. Water will short out the thermistor in the probe if it gets in there.
- voice of experience

I fixed some probes once, that my girlfriend had cleaned and got them wet. She let them soak in the sink. They would show 150 to 200 degrees in the kitchen at normal room temperature. I put them in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour and let them cool. Worked like a charm.

Don't do it! Water will ruin the cable. One day I decided to do as you do. Well, in short, my dishwasher is broken. Didn't know what to do, I went to my friend who works with dishwashers. He said that I was a fool :), but not the point. He advised me a good site where I bought a cheap and not expensive dishwasher. I hate to wash the dishes myself! Therefore, I always use a dishwasher. It seems it was this site ianboer.com.au . I have had this dishwasher for over 5 years and it works perfectly :)

Last edited:
You guys try to make everything harder. I think just to hear yourself talk. Wipe them off with a paper towel and don't over think it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back