MOD RT700 Camp Chef Sear

abed77

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hello All,

Pictures of my Rec Tec MOD with Camp Chef Sear Box added. Items I used are listed below.
  1. 1/2 All thread
  2. Washer, locking washer and bolts
  3. 1/2 pipe to hide the threads
  4. 4 feet of aluminum for the sides. 2 feet per side self tapping screws to mount.,
I started with just using the two holes from the handle but it wasn't enough support so I added a third screw. Once I added the cast iron grate unit dropped.

I added the aluminum to the front and back for more support- also leveled it out.

Thanks!!

IMG_3285.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_3268.jpg

Pretty cool. I had my sear box long before I got my Bull, it is called the Weber Genesis E330.

Pretty cool. I had my sear box long before I got my Bull, it is called the Weber Genesis E330.
LOL- I know - nothing like a Weber BBQ. I had the Genesis NG for years.

Last edited:
I kinda like the raw look, but now seeing it painted it does indeed look even better.

Looks good!! Did you put two bolts and the bracket? I wish I only used two not three I think it would have been strong enough.

Are you going to use any specific attachments on that? Like the pizza oven? IF I were to get one the pizza oven seems like something I would like.

I debated about the "Sidekick" that had the plethora of options including the pizza oven. I settled on the "Sear Box" as that is what I will primarily use it for, finishing a reverse sear or maybe even burgers?

Anyway as for pizza. I actually really like how the the bull does on its own. I have tried it with a pizza stone and straight on the grates (Papa Murphys) and depending on thickness of the pizza just throwing it on the grates is fine for my tastes... I am 100% someone will come along and tell why its wrong though. Set to 425 and cook till done.. 20 mins or so.

The addon would be cool, but I already have a searing station...
I have had this for about 3 years now. it sits across from the RT700

Weber E330.jpeg

The addon would be cool, but I already have a searing station...
I have had this for about 3 years now. it sits across from the RT700

View attachment 2301
I had the eariler variant of the Weber Genesis for nearly 15 years hooked up to NG at our home in The Woodlands, near Houston.... then we moved to a land of electricity (no natural gas infrastructure) here south of Jacksonville, Fl. LOVED IT. But losing that grill in the move is what started my adventure with the Bull.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back