My trailblazer was just delivered!

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Delivered late so unpacking in the morning. Any tips before firing it up? Also suggestions for first cook? Cleanup after using? Anything else a newbie should know? First time ever using a smoker. Thanks

No suggestions other than follow directions and take your time. Enjoy the new smoker. Alot of good info in here to look up.
Congratulations!

Delivered late so unpacking in the morning. Any tips before firing it up? Also suggestions for first cook? Cleanup after using? Anything else a newbie should know? First time ever using a smoker. Thanks
I'll echo @Buckeye smoker's comment and say take your time, follow the manual and you'll be good.

As for suggestions on the first cook, I would recommend bacon. It's perfect for seasoning your new Rec Tec Trailblazer, plus who doesn't like bacon! :D ;)

Clean up is a cinch as pellet grills burn very efficiently. What I do, is before each use I take out my shop vac (if you don't have one, buy a super small one like this Ridgid shop vac) and just vacuum up the ash in the bottom of the grill. Scrape off all the grease that might still be on the drip pan, or replace the aluminum foil if you've gone that route.

Honestly you really don't need to clean it after/before ever cook, but clean up is so quick and easy I normally do.

Lastly, be sure to post some pictures of your new Rec Tec Trailblazer as well as share pictures of your cooks in our What are you cooking? thread. :D

No suggestions other than follow directions and take your time. Enjoy the new smoker. Alot of good info in here to look up.
Congratulations!
Thanks, will do.

I'll echo @Buckeye smoker's comment and say take your time, follow the manual and you'll be good.

As for suggestions on the first cook, I would recommend bacon. It's perfect for seasoning your new Rec Tec Trailblazer, plus who doesn't like bacon! :D ;)

Clean up is a cinch as pellet grills burn very efficiently. What I do, is before each use I take out my shop vac (if you don't have one, buy a super small one like this Ridgid shop vac) and just vacuum up the ash in the bottom of the grill. Scrape off all the grease that might still be on the drip pan, or replace the aluminum foil if you've gone that route.

Honestly you really don't need to clean it after/before ever cook, but clean up is so quick and easy I normally do.

Lastly, be sure to post some pictures of your new Rec Tec Trailblazer as well as share pictures of your cooks in our What are you cooking? thread. :D
Bacon, shop vac, pics, got it. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back