Naked Smoke

NU2SMOKE

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey all. This is going to be my first time smoking Spare Ribs and a 10lb pork shoulder naked. As in no wrap. I just got the shoulder on the Bull, 225 deg Rubbed with Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub and the probe in...the ribs will go on in about 9 hours.
Here is a pic of the Shoulder...
IMG_2541.jpg

I will update with more pics to come!

Hey all. This is going to be my first time smoking Spare Ribs and a 10lb pork shoulder naked. As in no wrap. I just got the shoulder on the Bull, 225 deg Rubbed with Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub and the probe in...the ribs will go on in about 9 hours.
Here is a pic of the Shoulder...
View attachment 981

I will update with more pics to come!
Is it done yet? ;)

Here is an updated pic of the shoulder after 9 hours at 225...and looking at the temp log...this pit hasn't wavered in temp in the slightest! Loving it.

is it done yet?

5 minutes later: is it done yet?
6 minutes later: is it done yet?
etc..

Looking good there brother... Can't wait to see the end result - preferably before you devour it. :)

is it done yet?

5 minutes later: is it done yet?
6 minutes later: is it done yet?
etc..

Looking good there brother... Can't wait to see the end result - preferably before you devour it. :)
I so know how you are feeling....I got to figure out a way to mount a camera on the inside just so I can stare at it...LOL This is going to be my first shoulder on the Rec Tec so I am very interested in how it is going to come out.

I promise to post many many pics!! :p

Update....Ribs trimmed and squared....Rub applied and ready for the smoker

Ribs went on the smoker at 10:30 .... I heard the sholder say "come on in the smoke is perfect"... :ROFLMAO:
IMG_2545.jpg
IMG_2547.jpg
IMG_2545.jpg
IMG_2547.jpg

Well here is the final update.....
It was 4 pm and at 150 deg and I was starting to sweat that it would not be done in time and contemplated wrapping I have guests coming at 7 pm....what do I do? What do I do.......F@*% IT !! So I decided to brave it out and believed that the stall will give way and this thing will start rocking and rolling. At 4 45 she had climbed to 160...Im thinking there is a ray of hope....it is 620 and she has just hit the 196 mark.....I have pulled it and checked the temp and the instant probe went in like BUTTAH....Almost 19 hours.....I took a quick Photo and it is happily wrapped and resting waiting for my company to arrive and become the star of the show.

The ribs were pulled at 6 Hours I lifted them for the bend test and they bent almost in half and did not break they temped at 198 and look heavenly!

I have some ABT's on now and should be finished just in time for the party!!

Just wanted to say thank you for everbody who has followed along on this journey....more pics to follow when the cutting begins!!

I guess I should have commented here instead of the App thread. Anyway, good that you snuck in under the wire. Enjoy......

The pulled pork Nekkid came out just incredible!! The bark is so much better than when wrapped!. I also smoked it over a pan to catch the juices. I put the juices thru a fat separator and mixed it back into the pulled meat and everybody devoured it!
Party was a success in the food dept...not so much the football dept...lol
Thank you all for taking the journey with me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back