Matador Need lower Temp

krislacy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
How can I get lower tempature on the matador? I don't always cook for a ton of people so and if I could get the temp lower I could use less oil.

@krislacy the RecTec Matador only has 3 heat settings. If you want more adjustment you could possibly try turning down the gas flow from the tank a bit and see if that gets you to the temp you're looking for.

To Mikes comment, there are adjustable regulators that can wean down the gas flow. Whether they might cause other issues with that particular burner is an unknown to me. Another alternative would be to fabricate a spacer ring to raise the pan higher from the flame. You'd want to focus on stability so that you don't cause a tipping situation.

@krislacy the RecTec Matador only has 3 heat settings. If you want more adjustment you could possibly try turning down the gas flow from the tank a bit and see if that gets you to the temp you're looking for.

I contacted Rec Tec about my alarm not going off on the bull and also mentioned that I wish I could get the lower temp on the matador. They said it could be the regulator and sent me a new one. I have been using it for the last week and a half with great success. I have the low setting I have wanted. Great customer service ? (my alarm is also working on the bull).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back