Trailblazer Needing to upgrade from the RT-340.

azray007

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I have a RT-340 Trailblazer and I love it. It's just me and my wife, but over time I've found a need to cook slightly more volume than the 340 can accommodate. Price is an issue, but not to the point of desperation. I'm a firm believer in saving and buying what you want, within reason. So, I want to get a larger RecTeq. I've considered the 590 and the 700; however, I would like the best I can get within that kind of budget. That said, I'm thinking about RT-1070. Anyone have experience or a strong recommendation one way or the other. My grills sit on my back patio in the elements in Charlotte, NC with just covers on them. I have a flat top griddle, Napoleon gas grill, and my awesome ReqTeq. One of my biggest issues with the 340 is needing something that is taller and has the right amount of space for a good second shelf. Thanks again!!

IMG_1028.jpeg

IMG_1027.jpeg

I have the same situation except I’m just going to live with the low clearance. If I were to want to swap I’d compare the bedroom of the 560, looks to be about 9” compared to the 340’s 7”. Also can’t tell what the 1070 is either. Once upon a time RT posted that measurement. For me the 560 is plenty big (2 of us also), if it has the headroom.

I have the same situation except I’m just going to live with the low clearance. If I were to want to swap I’d compare the bedroom of the 560, looks to be about 9” compared to the 340’s 7”. Also can’t tell what the 1070 is either. Once upon a time RT posted that measurement. For me the 560 is plenty big (2 of us also), if it has the headroom.
Or, you could go with the slightly larger 590. :rolleyes:

Does the newer 700 support dual wifi with the updated controller?

I have a RT-340 Trailblazer and I love it. It's just me and my wife, but over time I've found a need to cook slightly more volume than the 340 can accommodate. Price is an issue, but not to the point of desperation. I'm a firm believer in saving and buying what you want, within reason. So, I want to get a larger RecTeq. I've considered the 590 and the 700; however, I would like the best I can get within that kind of budget. That said, I'm thinking about RT-1070. Anyone have experience or a strong recommendation one way or the other. My grills sit on my back patio in the elements in Charlotte, NC with just covers on them. I have a flat top griddle, Napoleon gas grill, and my awesome ReqTeq. One of my biggest issues with the 340 is needing something that is taller and has the right amount of space for a good second shelf. Thanks again!!

View attachment 19788

View attachment 19789
AZ…
The choices you describe are difficult. I have the RT700 and love the extra real estate as I can use it for the beans, veggies and other items while keeping everything on one device. (I hope that isn’t a Virginia Ham by the way.) You may want to search the forum as I seem to remember several people posting about leaks during rain storms impacting the 1070. My family is from the N. Carolina coastline and if there is something we know about, it is rain storms and leaks. From my perspective, the best thing about a smoker is having a chamber that can hold/circulate smoke properly and be relatively immune to weather conditions. My vote would be for the 570 or 700. If you ask your friends and neighbors, I am sure there would be some value in selling your current model (think NASCAR fans with RVs, hint, hint) and that would make swallowing the pill a little less painful. Just my thoughts and good luck with your decision.

Smoke…

Joined to answer this question to give a slightly different perspective. I have been super happy with my 340, but was getting tired of moving it between the house and cottage. I already had a griddle and rarely used gas Webers at each location. I decided to go with the Bullseye Deluxe and get rid of one of the Webers. It may not be the best for low and slow, but I’ve found it to do pretty well. It does great standard grilling, and is pretty awesome as a pizza oven. I’m planning on trying bread this weekend as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back