Stampede New 590!! And AZ Funny!

casagreene

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just received My 590 today! Was excited! Assembly was easy and got it out on patio for hour burn in. Just started laughing that the app let me know initial inside temp was all ready 110 in the shade! Ha! Aready know will be using the app alot if running during the day! But still love it so Far!
IMG_9187.PNG

Be aware of a common temperature problem when it's warm out, and adjusting the feed rate may be needed.

My scenario: I got my RT340 about 5 months ago so it was cool at the time I first started using it. I placed it on my covered/screened porch so it's in the shade most of the time. I recently started having issues when the weather got warmer where setting the temp to 225, it would rise to and maintain around 264. I changed the factory setting of the feed rate from 6.5% to 3.0%, and this corrected the problem. Keep this in mind if you run into similar issues.

Be aware of a common temperature problem when it's warm out, and adjusting the feed rate may be needed.

My scenario: I got my RT340 about 5 months ago so it was cool at the time I first started using it. I placed it on my covered/screened porch so it's in the shade most of the time. I recently started having issues when the weather got warmer where setting the temp to 225, it would rise to and maintain around 264. I changed the factory setting of the feed rate from 6.5% to 3.0%, and this corrected the problem. Keep this in mind if you run into similar issues.
Thank You for advice I will look into doing that. Is that through phone app or on the main system??
The initial burn of 400 was still evening and in shade and hit 400 held for awhile then ya.. shot up to 460 and I quickly turned it down and opened lid. But after that and doing a chicken held great at 275. But sun was down. So will definitely look into feed rate.

Also during clean up today the paint on the auger shroud and next to fire box was burn and crisp off. I would think normal with that heat and not sure why painted anyway there?

Thank You for advice I will look into doing that. Is that through phone app or on the main system??
The initial burn of 400 was still evening and in shade and hit 400 held for awhile then ya.. shot up to 460 and I quickly turned it down and opened lid. But after that and doing a chicken held great at 275. But sun was down. So will definitely look into feed rate.
The lower feed rate will keep the low end temp more stable. Good luck. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back