Bull New Bull owner..

aalt22

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi all,

just received my Bull today, had an issue with delivery (UPS issue), but finally here! Rec Tec was good about communicating with me, even calling me. Great service. But it is here none the less. it was the longest week waiting, felt like a year!

So i have a question in regards tot he Smart Grill Technology... I have been watching videos of assembly, cooking...etc so i pretty familiar with all Rec Tec 700, i noticed on mine i have an antenna on the right side. I am not seeing the antenna on others, anyone have any insight? do i have an old system?

Thanks and love "The Bull" its awesome.

Albert

Congrats on your new purchase! The antenna on the front of the controller actually indicates that you have the newest model. That’s a recent upgrade to hopefully resolve the signal issues some users were having with the small antenna that was mounted to the controller board.

Thank you for the response Greg. Yes, thank you, love everything about the RT-700, its an awesome grill. As mentioned Rec Tec support is outstanding. They called me in regards to my shipping whoas and i was able to talk about the antenna. Your right, they are finding this to have better reception, compared to the small antenna they have on previous models. After seeing some reviews of the wifi signal. This is great!

Thanks again! I looking forward to many cooks and sharing my experiences...

Sure thing, here are a couple pics.. hope u can see it.. Sorry one was at twighlight.

Attachments

• Antenna.jpg
    Antenna.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Antenna2.JPG
    Antenna2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Yes it is, that's what I have also. Seems to work fine (other than the app problems they are fixing)

Interesting... I noticed on another post via Instagram that they also did not have an actual antenna sticking out. Now it s bit confusing as to why some are and other not. I have no issues, other than the app issues. I will ask support again.

I have a message in with Rec Tec on Antenna again, but interesting enough. I saw another post of a new RT-590 from a Rec Tec owner and it has an external antenna. Too, when they announced online the new Comp cart and the shelf for the RT-590, they were on the Rec Tec sales floor, that had an external antenna. Hopefully sort it out. It works well regardless, but curious as to why and why not external antennas on certain ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back