New(ish) member

sv2100

Greetings from Texas everyone. Joined at some point but apparently never posted.

I had a bullseye but due to some unfortunate circumstances it got kicked to the curb. Looking to replace it and trying to figure out which way to go. Comparing the 1000 Beast, 1100 Flagship and the 1250. I've about ruled out the 590 Deck Boss since I've bought too small the last couple of times and regretted it.

Appreciate the site & the knowledge shared here. Will also appreciate any suggestions on which model.

Thanks,
Bob

The Bullseye is a totally different beast from the regular recteq models that you mention. Plus, the models that you mention are so new that most here don’t have much, if any, experience with them yet. Perhaps tell us more about what you want/like to cook and we can help from there.

Some more information. Big cooks include pork butts, brisket and chicken. We have married kids in town so if everyone comes over we are at 6 adults + 3 kids. We also like to cook a lot then vacuum seal the meat for easy meals later. I would also like to cook sides - think smoked queso, mac & cheese, baked beans - on the unit. I will also use it for cooking appetizers like bacon wrapped jalapenos or fish for the two of us.

I have a vertical propane that I Iove but it is rusting out so looking for something big enough for big cooks. I love the idea of a top shelf if it is usable so I can put the brisket above the sides or other meats.

I like the pellet grill idea because of it is easy to control the temp and my wife can use it. My kamado is a little more lead time and effort for a quick dinner.

One suggestion I would make is to evaluate carefully how low and slow cooks like brisket and pork butts work with faster cooks like the sides you mentioned. Chickens and sides are pretty compatible because the range of 375° works well with both. Brisket and mac & cheese, not so much. I like to multi-task one grill as much as possible, but I never cook a low and slow protein like pork butt or brisket with the sides. Especially when the proteins can rest for hours in a cooler while cooking the sides at whatever temp they like best.

i don’t own one ( but the RT-700 that I do own comes close), but the 1250 seems to be near perfect for those needing a larger grill.

Because of the new oval design I’d recommend the Backyard Beast or the Flagship. They are within 100 sq. in. of each other in cooking space so not a big deal either way. Both have a 6 year warranty. 30# vs. 40# hopper wouldn’t make a difference to me as you can go overnight with either one.
I don’t own either grill but it appears the new design leaves more headroom on the second shelf than the 1250. You could verify that with customer service.

Because of the new oval design I’d recommend the Backyard Beast or the Flagship... I don’t own either grill but it appears the new design leaves more headroom on the second shelf than the 1250. You could verify that with customer service.
Good point!

Thanks for the information. I missed the fact the new models were oval. I'll check into that further.

I'll search the site for this next item also but I'm wondering if the stack makes a difference in the amount of smoke flavor during cooks.

Good point!
I can verify the 1100 does have more headroom than the 1250. I own the 1250 and am considering selling and moving to the 1100 because of this. My 1250 is jam up, never a hiccup except that headroom.

Top shelf is a half shelf though but can easily be modified to a full shelf.

I’m just waiting out any initial hiccups that typically occur and convincing the wifey lol.

My buddy recently purchased one(migrated from Traeger) and hes had a few cooks so far and is very happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back