Bull New RecTec RT-700 stops heating-up

Lumpland

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hi All. Looking for some help.

Set-up my new RT-700 yesterday and followed the detailed steps for the initial lighting. Added 1/2 cup of pellets then powered-on and set requested temp to 400. The fan kicked-on, the temp started to climb and smoke was coming-out the stack. The temp made it to 115 then started to drop even though the fan kept running. Once it fell to 86 degrees I thought maybe it was a glitch, so I powered-off and unplugged for twenty minutes before firing back up. Same result as the first time.

I've rechecked my connections, but everything appears to be as it should. I find it odd that 115 was the demarcation line the first times I cranked it up, so I'm hopeful some might have ideas what the problem might be. Thanks much!

This sounds like the pellets aren't feeding down the auger.

How long did you let it run? The pellets will take a bit of time to make their way down the auger.

Did you check to see if the auger has pellets coming down it?

And...you did put pellets in the hopper?

You can remove the grates, drip tray, and heat deflector and light it again, you should see the auger turning occasionally to feed pellets.

Don't be insulted*...by 1/2 a cup you added those to the burn pot and put pellets in the hopper correct??...just making sure here first.

Hey Guys.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the lack of a response. Got tied up in a Honey-Do project.

I did put pellets in, but only 1/2 cup as stated in the set-up guide. THAT is what I think the problem was. The grill ran out of fuel before it could heat-up. I half-filled the burn pot and didn't have any problems after.

I've been a BGE devotee for about ten years, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of the Rec-Tec. It will take some getting used to (obviously :)) but I'm diving in with couple of bone-in chicken breasts tonight. How bad can anybody mess that up ? :p?

Hey Guys.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the lack of a response. Got tied up in a Honey-Do project.

I did put pellets in, but only 1/2 cup as stated in the set-up guide. THAT is what I think the problem was. The grill ran out of fuel before it could heat-up. I half-filled the burn pot and didn't have any problems after.

I've been a BGE devotee for about ten years, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of the Rec-Tec. It will take some getting used to (obviously :)) but I'm diving in with couple of bone-in chicken breasts tonight. How bad can anybody mess that up ? :p?
Glad to know you are back on track! Grill on!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back