Bull New RT-700 Bull lost power

wilkat

Not a happy camper this morning. After two years of waiting and extensive research I took the plunge and my family all pitched in and got me a Bull for Christmas. I did the burn in and all was good. I got a 14.5 # packer brisket and pork loin to have for lunch on New Year’s Day. Got it all prepped and put the brisket on at 7:30 last night. By 10 pm all was good so I decided to get some sleep. (The beauty of the pellet grill...set it and forget it...right).

Not this time. I got up at 3:30 expecting to find the brisket in the stall and wrap it. Instead I find the grill shut down and the screen displaying er-1 PF. Power failure. I have not figured out how this occurred. I had power because the display was on. No breakers were tripped, my power had apparently not gone off since none of the electronics in my house that will blink with even the slightest surge were all working.

Maybe it won’t be a total loss since it came right back on and I was able to get the loin on when I had planned. Sorry for the long post about my problem but I just needed to vent my frustrations. I just hope this is a one off occurrence and not the beginning of a regretted purchase.

Wow, that sucks. I did a 7 hour ring cook yesterday on my new Bull and the wifi tracking cut off about half way through. Other than that, it performed.
I just don't like the ash blowing all over.
You should call CS tomorrow.

Strange...I have done a 16 hour cook and not a hiccup. I would call CS and see what they say.

@wilkat did you call customer service by chance? I've not seen that error message before and would be interested in hearing that RecTec said that error meant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back