New RT product - FLAT TOP GRIDDLE

dsandersus

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So... A new accessory made its debut today on a RT live feed... A flat top griddle for most models of the RT family.

It's available for order as of today and if you order before midnight you can take advantage of a promo-code: griddle20 (gives you 20% off the price of the griddle).

Guess who just ordered one... Yeah that's right.. This GUY!

https://www.rectecgrills.com/flat-top-griddle-rt-700-rt-590-and-rt-a850-wyldside/

If I were you I'd call up and plead your case about getting the notice just a few hours late. Supposedly Ray is a former used car salesman, and they're driven by sales numbers. Perhaps they didn't quite hit the goal in units sold they hoped for and the chance to move another one to you would prompt an extension of the discount. Just sayin'...…………...

I don't know about this one...looks like it could be a pain to use. I bought a camp chef ftg-475 and its an awesome design. Plus it doubles as a prep table for the rec rec.

I don't know about this one...looks like it could be a pain to use. I bought a camp chef ftg-475 and its an awesome design. Plus it doubles as a prep table for the rec rec.

Same here, @BretM. I thought a griddle would make a great companion to my Stampede, so I picked up a Camp Chef FTG600 about 4 weeks ago. I’m sure it can be done, but I can’t imagine griddling in the Stampede after using the Camp Chef for so many things. I love them both more than I ever imagined I would. ?

I would suggest you get yourself a measuring tape to verify. RT site says Bull is 36 wide at the grate, and says these are 19.5 square...…………………..the math wouldn't seem to work there.

I was up until 10:30 last night seasoning that beast... but well worth the time invested. Made the wife and I a breakfast sandwich on it this morning. It was nice having ample space for anything I needed to cook.

It's going to take some practice as this is my first semi-real flattop griddle so need to dial in starting temps and timing of cooking various items.

Overall from my 1st impressions, seasoning was very easy and cooking on it was great! Plans are for a breakfast dinner tonight - pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage and bacon. If I remember, I'll post some pics.

Here are some pictures from dinner. I definitely need to work on my use of real estate...

20190813_164445.jpg
20190813_170149.jpg
20190813_171509.jpg

Had a little sticking so I'm working on additional costs of oil. Don't plan on staying up as late as I did yesterday... ?

Last edited:
Discovered this morning that there isn't a need to remove the cooking grates with using the griddle on the stampede. If you center the griddle in the chamber the lid will close properly. If it's not centered, the screw heads on the interior of the lid for the horns will keep it from fully closing (approx 1/8 inch gap, maybe less).

We're doing teppanyaki tonight on the griddle, should be interesting... :)

……...

We're doing teppanyaki tonight on the griddle, should be interesting... :)

Okay, but we'll need video of you flipping eggs or shrimp or whatever up into you hat, tossing other stuff over your shoulder, and, of course, the obligatory chopping to excess with the spatulas...….…………..:ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back