New to RecTeq

Kento97

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I just purchased a RT-1250. I am new to RecTeq and also to pellet grills. I purchased the grill grates. I am really loving the set it and forget it on the grill. Is there anything else I should purchase?

I just purchased a RT-1250. I am new to RecTeq and also to pellet grills. I purchased the grill grates. I am really loving the set it and forget it on the grill. Is there anything else I should purchase?
What’s your credit card limit? 😂

Vac to clean the ash, pizza stone/steel/screen, I use cast iron skillets and a Dutch oven on it, welding gloves for the cast iron, good 3rd party remote and an instant read thermometers.

Aluminum Sheet pans
Wire racks
Insulated glove liners
Plenty of gloves
Good injector

Something large to store all of the rubs and injectors you will buy to try(yes I’m an addict searching for that perfect mix) I have a full size garage rolling toolbox 😂

Some good knives and cutting boards

I agree with @padlin00 on the thermometers… do your research to find what suits you best.

There are threads on the forums with plenty of insight on decent products.

Welcome to the forum, @Kento97; glad to have you here with us.

One word of caution, however; never ask the the forum “Is there anything else I should purchase?” 🤣 🤣 🤣 Those of us who have been here for more than a week or so are experts on spending other people’s hard-earned money.🤣🤣🤣

Classis Thermapen marked down to $59 for limited time.

Find them on the Thermoworks web site. (y)
This should be your first purchase if you don't have one.

I also suggest a smoke tube(fairly cheap on amazon) if you want to add more smoke flavor during long cooks. Mix in wood chips with the pellets in the tube.

This should be your first purchase if you don't have one.

I also suggest a smoke tube(fairly cheap on amazon) if you want to add more smoke flavor during long cooks. Mix in wood chips with the pellets in the tube.
At this price buy two! A spare can come in handy during the flu and cold season 😉

At this price buy two! A spare can come in handy during the flu and cold season 😉
Helpin
1699033717328.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back