Normal Delivery Timeframe

AnotherRTUser

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi everyone.. New to this forum and looking forward to using the Rec Tec grill (once I get it) to it’s fullest potential.

Have a question—- what’s the normal timeframe after placing your order that you can expect delivery of the grill? I realize the state you live in will be a factor.

I ordered the Bull late last Thursday night. Friday, I checked the status around lunch time and it stated “Awaiting Pickup”. Thought, “WOW”, that was quick, the Bull and accessories I ordered are on the pallet and ready to ship.

This is where my question comes in. Status right now is still “Awaiting Pickup”. This is 2 1/2 business days after being ready that the order hasn’t been picked up and “on the road”. Is this normal? If so, I will patiently wait for it to be delivered. The way it looks now, I probably won’t get it until next week (roughly 11-12 days after placing order) since the weekend is approaching and assuming they don’t deliver on the weekend.

Anyway, looking forward to some great cooking..

I'm in West Texas, ordered my stampede on a Wednesday evening about 8 O'clock. Status was "awaiting pickup" until Saturday morning. It arrived the following Thursday (9 days) It actually got to town early Wednesday morning, but shipping company didn't update until 9:30 am. I called about 9:45am and they told me all trucks had already left for the day. I asked if I could come to the warehouse and pick it up but was denied.

First, welcome to RecTecForum @AnotherRTUser!

We've all been in your place at one time or another. Ordered the grill and now can't wait to receive it. :D

I'd say with your order date (4th of July) and then the weekend just right after this is all pretty normal. I wouldn't be surprise if the pellet grill was delivered by the end of this week or early next.

Be sure to post pictures once you receive it!

It's all a function of the trucking companies and their scheduling/dispatching/routing. All manner of things can get in the way besides the map; construction detours, weather, sloppy people at their jobs...……………...am I cheering you up yet?;) Awaiting a new "toy" can be a torturous job. You'll get it and the agony of waiting will eventually be a fleeting memory. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for all the replies..

I knew residential deliveries by freight truck would be different than the other residential carriers, but just thought it would've been "picked up" by now.

Anyway, I am relieved that this is kind of the norm, and will patiently wait for its arrival.

Thanks again for the information and "the welcome to the forum". Looking forward to many great cooks with the RecTec!

I wish you luck as well. In my case, IIRC, I ordered on June 30 and it was picked up by the carrier on July 2 and made it to Baltimore, MD on July 4 (I'm located in Arlington, VA). That's where things kind of stalled (and not only because of the holiday). As of today, I'm still waiting on delivery (my original delivery appointment was yesterday). Be warned, the shipment may change hands once or twice between the delivery terminal and you so you'll get it when you get it, not necessarily when the tracking page says you will.

Thanks JazzGMster....

Wow!.. Your's got picked up within 2 days, that's great! Just checked the status on mine, and it's still "Awaiting Pickup". So, it's going on 3 days now since last Friday (not counting the weekend).

Oh well, as I mentioned earlier, I'm just going to patiently wait. It'll get picked up sometime, I hope!! lol....

UPDATE:----

Well, I just got a call from the local trucking company about delivering my RecTec stuff tomorrow between 12pm-4pm!!

I'm ecstatic, but am very confused about what transpired over the last week.

I'm currently looking at my order "status" on RecTec's website and it still says "Awaiting Pickup".

I got an email from David Waters (RecTec) about my order and that it was on the pallet waiting to be picked up. He stated that once it was picked up, I should get an email from the trucking company with a tracking number and projected delivery dates. I didn't get either. I even checked my SPAM to see if the email was there and it wasn't. That was what is confusing about this.

Until the phone call I got about an hour ago, I had not heard anything or gotten any email from the trucking company.

So, all is good. However, I want to apologize for my forum thread about my ordeal. I was just going by what I had in front of me, what I had received, or not received, etc.

Thanks again to all and tomorrow can't get here soon enough. ;)

UPDATE:----

Well, I just got a call from the local trucking company about delivering my RecTec stuff tomorrow between 12pm-4pm!!

I'm ecstatic, but am very confused about what transpired over the last week.

I'm currently looking at my order "status" on RecTec's website and it still says "Awaiting Pickup".

I got an email from David Waters (RecTec) about my order and that it was on the pallet waiting to be picked up. He stated that once it was picked up, I should get an email from the trucking company with a tracking number and projected delivery dates. I didn't get either. I even checked my SPAM to see if the email was there and it wasn't. That was what is confusing about this.

Until the phone call I got about an hour ago, I had not heard anything or gotten any email from the trucking company.

So, all is good. However, I want to apologize for my forum thread about my ordeal. I was just going by what I had in front of me, what I had received, or not received, etc.

Thanks again to all and tomorrow can't get here soon enough. ;)
No apologies necessary....you were experiencing what every new owner does....ANTICIPATION. You want to read about on ordeal you can read my thread in the 700 area labeled "I DID IT"....that was a trip.
The good news is you'll have it tomorrow and then let the real fun begin!!
Congratulations and welcome to the family!!

However, I want to apologize for my forum thread about my ordeal.
No apologies needed at all. That's what we are here for, to share our experiences - good, bad or indifferent.

Trust me, we all know waiting is the hardest thing. :D

Hi @AnotherRTUser,

I ordered a Bull this weekend on the sale, and I have also been in "Awaiting Pickup" status all week even though I got a Rec Tec email suggesting it was on its way. Similarly no message or tracking from the freight company. Now you just got my hopes up that it is already in transit!

Hi @Thutmose,

I hope yours is on the way too!

Wouldn't you know it--- 30 minutes after posting my "update", I got an email from RecTec that the status on my grill changed to "shipped"!! lol..

Anyway, good luck and hope your Bull arrives soon!

Update on mine- it arrived yesterday late afternoon. Everything arrived fine (except no t-shirt). Delivery guy even put it in the garage for me. I would echo what pretty much everyone else has said- the quality of the unit and parts are top notch. I did my burn in last night and this morning I am smoking a brisket. Using this for the first time, I can say that there is more smoke put out by this than I was expecting. The Bull is only about 15' from my neighbour so I hope he will enjoy the smoke as well :)

Update on mine- it arrived yesterday late afternoon. Everything arrived fine (except no t-shirt). Delivery guy even put it in the garage for me. I would echo what pretty much everyone else has said- the quality of the unit and parts are top notch. I did my burn in last night and this morning I am smoking a brisket. Using this for the first time, I can say that there is more smoke put out by this than I was expecting. The Bull is only about 15' from my neighbour so I hope he will enjoy the smoke as well :)

Time to pick up a box fan from a local hardware store and help get that smoke to your neighbor.. :)

(y)

@JazzGMster --- glad your grill finally arrived.

@dsandersus is correct..go get a fan and blow the smoke towards your neighbor!! ?

My Bull arrived about 45 minutes ago. Had to make a quick decision though. Rain was all around my home and was expecting to get rain within the hour. I didn't feel I had enough time to put it together and put cover on it before the rain, so I unboxed it, took all the individual components out and put them inside until the rain passed. Hopefully I can start on the assembly this evening.

It took mine 8 days once I bought it. Funny thing was it was shipped from Augusta to Nashville in two days once I purchased it...AWESOME!!! Then it sat at the local carrier for a week til they could deliver it. The carrier was 10 miles from my house lol. One would think, why didn't I just go up and get it? Well I asked if I could, they said sure. What time do yall close? They said 3pm. Good grief, I don't get off work til 3:30 and don't get home til 4:30...arggghhh!

Doesn't matter now, my son and I put it together, and today will be the first run. Goin with two pork loins and a chub of bologna. Might even toss some brats on there, I've got PLENTY of acreage on that grill now LOL. Moving up from an ECB I've been using for 8 years, which is still in great shape...just getting too heavy for me.

I am also awaiting delivery of my new Bull. It was changed to shipped so now it is all on the trucking company.

I have a question about receiving the Bull from the trucking company. I live in a residential area and we are allowed to park cras on both sides of the street. I honostly do not think a full size semi will be able to come down it.

In addition, my house has the garage in the rear which we get to it via a small access road. Again, I do not think a semi will be able to get to this road.

I would really like it delivered to the back of the house based on the weight - anyone else have this same issue and found a solution?

I reached out to the trucking company but so far have not received a response.

Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back