Normal Delivery Timeframe

Can a manual pallet lifter get to the back of your house? Sidewalk, etc?

Once it's off the truck, they should be able to transport the pallet to wherever you want.

Yeahhhhh.... I had to hand truck the grill into my back yard....It really wasn't that hard at all to be honest. They dropped it into the cover driveway next door because it was pouring rain here at the time. I then moved the entire setup one piece at a time to my backyard over interesting terrain by myself with a hand truck without any issue. Took a few trips but was well worth it.

I am also awaiting delivery of my new Bull. It was changed to shipped so now it is all on the trucking company.

I have a question about receiving the Bull from the trucking company. I live in a residential area and we are allowed to park cras on both sides of the street. I honostly do not think a full size semi will be able to come down it.

In addition, my house has the garage in the rear which we get to it via a small access road. Again, I do not think a semi will be able to get to this road.

I would really like it delivered to the back of the house based on the weight - anyone else have this same issue and found a solution?

I reached out to the trucking company but so far have not received a response.

Thank you!
All of that will be up to the discretion of the driver and how much he follows company policy if they have restrictions on him beyond the typical "don't damage the company equipment" rules. As AnotherRTUser said, if you have paved access for the pallet jack that delivery trucks usually have many times a cooperative driver will wheel it right to your preferred spot. Sometimes a "gratuity" helps motivate.

Hi @Thutmose,

I hope yours is on the way too!

Anyway, good luck and hope your Bull arrives soon!

As an update on my agonizing wait, the Bull shipped Thursday last week a day after posting. It made it to the Chicago area swiftly by Friday night, with a scheduled delivery (I guess to the local delivery depot) by Monday end of day. Now the UPS Freight tracking hasn't updated since Friday night. I know UPS freight generally doesn't move on the weekends locally, but now they seem to have missed their own scheduled delivery date in their tracking system and the pallet hasn't been dropped off to the local depot.

It's great that many other people who bought on the 4th of July sale seem to be getting theirs already...my freight just seems to be stuck in limbo!

@Macguy it may or may not come on a semi, could be just a box truck which will be much more able to get in places a semi can't or won't.

Thanks for all the responses, it turns out that they are using a box truck and will deliver behind the house to my garage - great service.

I should receive the Bull between 9 am to 2 pm on Friday (gotta love the delivery windows!)

Took the day off from work to assemble the Bull, season it and have 6 slabs of baby backs ready for the first cook.

I ordered mine on the 14th and it got here yesterday. We were a little concerned about delivery because we are 1/4 mile off the road and the shipping page on Rec Tec's site said that the delivery company is only obligated to get it to the curb and if you have an unpaved drive you might be responsible for getting it to your house but the delivery came in a small delievery van, about 24', and they came right down the driveway and pushed it all the way into the garage.

That is after we moved the tree out of the driveway that fell overnight. :D Great service!

@Kim That was great shipping time! I guess you are nearby to them. I ordered my Bull on the 7th, and it hasn't arrived yet in Illinois. But, it turns out it wasn't Rec Tec's fault...UPS lost the pallet (how do you lose a 500 lb pallet?) Rec Tec has sent out a new one without delay, and it is on its way. So, I was just delayed by the time it took for everyone to figure out that UPS Freight lost it.

I do hope they use a 24' truck though...would be much easier in my area!

Yes we are just a few hours from Atlanta.

I would like to add some comments about what you should expect when getting a freight delivery, I have worked for various freight companies for 39 years.
We are not human forklifts nor are we expected to be by those who pass out checks on pay day.
If you have a level drive way and your house is close to the street then sure we are glad to roll it to your garage door or if you have a nice sidewalk or smooth surface to get to the back yard and ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP then you are more likely to get something other than basic service.
Just common courtesy by not expecting the man or woman who delivers to be able to do something by themselves that you would not be willing or capable of doing by your self. And keep in mind YOU are exited to get your new toy.....for the driver it is just one of many deliveries that he or she has to make during the day.

And whatever you do NEVER say " Just do your job. That's what you get paid for isn't it?" Because most of us will roll the door down and drive off and you may be picking it up at the dock.

I would like to add some comments about what you should expect when getting a freight delivery, I have worked for various freight companies for 39 years.
We are not human forklifts nor are we expected to be by those who pass out checks on pay day.
If you have a level drive way and your house is close to the street then sure we are glad to roll it to your garage door or if you have a nice sidewalk or smooth surface to get to the back yard and ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP then you are more likely to get something other than basic service.
Just common courtesy by not expecting the man or woman who delivers to be able to do something by themselves that you would not be willing or capable of doing by your self. And keep in mind YOU are exited to get your new toy.....for the driver it is just one of many deliveries that he or she has to make during the day.

And whatever you do NEVER say " Just do your job. That's what you get paid for isn't it?" Because most of us will roll the door down and drive off and you may be picking it up at the dock.
Amen to all of that! When mine was delivered it was pouring rain and I first thanked the guy for coming in the rain and then kindly asked if he could put it in my neighbors covered driveway since I didnt have one. He understood and was happy to help and I tipped him for his help. Kindness begets kindness! Especially if you are asking for more that what they really should be doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back