Nothing special -- Ribs

cookingjnj

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hi all....have not shared a cook in a while. This was nothing special, just some plain ole spares. Saw a package at Costco and picked up. My family really loves ribs. Pulled membrane, trimmed, and rubbed and into the fridge over night. Took the ribs out of the fridge and heated the pit to 225 (Lumberjack Competition). Ribs on the pit at set 225 and spritz with a grape juice/sprite combination every hour for the first 4 hours. after probing nice and tender (these did not pull much from the bone at all) which was about 6 hours, took off the pit, applied sauce and back on the pit. While I was saucing turned pit up to 235. ribs back on pit at 235 to set the sauce which was about 35 minutes. Off the pit, rested for about 15 minutes, sliced, plated, ate! Not falling apart off the bone which is how we like them (ok my wife like them more falling apart off the bone), but when you took a bite meat came away completely from the bone in a good bite, but left the rest still on the bone. Sorry nothing exciting.

This week looks like I will be cooking Thai Chilli chicken thighs (probably on the charcoal kettle though), split turkey breast, a brisket mid-week for Passover, and a Moroccan inspired leg of lamb on the RT. I will try to remember to take pic and descriptions.

Attachments

• Racks on.jpg
    Racks on.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Racks ready for sauce.jpg
    Racks ready for sauce.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Racks ready to pull.jpg
    Racks ready to pull.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Racks resting.jpg
    Racks resting.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 81
  • racks sliced.jpg
    racks sliced.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 73
Sorry, the post topic is misleading. I said nothing special in the thread topic because it was just a typical rib cook, not the cook outcome. THESE RIBS WERE OUTSTANDING! My son (21 years old) who loves when I cook ribs said they were one of the best ever, and I cook ribs often.

Looks pretty special to me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back