Okay Third Time Smoking Ribs and still......

I also use my instant read almost every cook to verify. The included probes take a relatively long time to register if you check other areas. They will do the job, but I'm glad I got my Thermo Pen.

I also use my instant read almost every cook to verify. The included probes take a relatively long time to register if you check other areas. They will do the job, but I'm glad I got my Thermo Pen.

Simply this: temp probes no matter who makes them are a tool to facilitate a great cook. When its me cooking for just me, a few degrees off perfect i could care less about. So in those cases just the calibrated temp probe works fine. However when i am cooking for anyone else be it wife, friends or family. I want it to be perfect for them and that means getting the temp just right. Probes measure a single location and that location can be easily effected by so many variables thats perfection is not easy from that single point. This is even more apparent with the hunk of flesh has bones. To close to the bone and you will severely overcook everything else. An great instant read is priceless. For me the probes get me close then i start checking different areas to validate. More times than not the cook ends a few degrees earlier or a few degrees later than what the probe says.

Spray with apple juice until wet every hour. When you foil them, mop both sides with sauce. Leave in the foil 3 hours. No dry meat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back