Bull Ordered a Bull yesterday

Deansanch21

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I had been trying to decide which Traeger to get for a while now and after reading some horror stories with customer service and quality of the product I went with RecTec. After watching some youtube videos and reading comments, I made the decision to go with the RT-700. I have been smoking for a couple years now after my wife bought me a small masterbuilt vertical smoker for my birthday. Well its time for an upgrade and I'm glad I found RecTec. I hope I won't be disappointed and I know even if there's a problem, customer service will be there for me. Glad to be here and I hope to post some great pics once I get her going.

Howdy! Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to the arrival of my 700 myself. It will be my first pellet grill/smoker. Researching sure made my head spin with all the options out there. I have been smoking with wood and coal for years but looking forward to trying my hand in the pellet game. Got my shipping notice yesterday. Can't wait until delivery next friday!

Thanks Lawman. I'm already counting the days which I'm sure will be many before I get it since I live in SoCal. The lure of being able to smoke without having to check on the temperature constantly is what sold me on a pellet smoker. Have you decided what your first cook on it will be?

Had mine for several months now. I replaced my large Weber with the Bull. Still have a large smoker for bigger cooks and different taste profile. You know what I miss about my Weber. Not a D*** thing. You will love your RecTec.

Thanks Lawman. I'm already counting the days which I'm sure will be many before I get it since I live in SoCal. The lure of being able to smoke without having to check on the temperature constantly is what sold me on a pellet smoker. Have you decided what your first cook on it will be?
My wife is already requesting a brisket. I've seen suggestions of bacon, ribs, chicken ets. so I think i might experiment with bacon wrapping some chicken.? Oh and being from TX, I gotta throw some bacon wrapped jalapenos in there too.
Then i'll do the brisket the next day because I love my wife and wish to remain married. :)

You won’t regret it!! I went from a traeger to a GM Daniel Boone it’s night and day better than both. There customer service is second to none. Have fun with your new toy

I kicked around different smokers too. Settled on Rec Tec. You absolutely made the right choice. Welcome from SC!

So I had been trying to decide which Traeger to get for a while now and after reading some horror stories with customer service and quality of the product I went with RecTec. After watching some youtube videos and reading comments, I made the decision to go with the RT-700. I have been smoking for a couple years now after my wife bought me a small masterbuilt vertical smoker for my birthday. Well its time for an upgrade and I'm glad I found RecTec. I hope I won't be disappointed and I know even if there's a problem, customer service will be there for me. Glad to be here and I hope to post some great pics once I get her going.

Ah man...I wish I woulda been as smart as you and jumped from my first bbq to a Rectec. I ate a lotta bad bbq along the way. You did it right in 2020.

Great decision. Rec Tec is a great company that makes fine smokers. Their customer service is amazing. The food you will make will also be amazing, and easy! ??

What do you mean easy! This is tough work. Babysitting all day with cold ones or ...
Shopping for and deciding which cuts of meat. (we cant let it get out that it is a breeze!)
Hard work for hard working people that's what I say!!!
Horns Out!

What do you mean easy! This is tough work. Babysitting all day with cold ones or ...
Shopping for and deciding which cuts of meat. (we cant let it get out that it is a breeze!)
Hard work for hard working people that's what I say!!!
Horns Out!
Fully agree, lots of hard work. Between picking, cutting and lighting a cigar, Choosing glassware and beverage and then monitoring the smoke, it’s a full time job. ??

I'm in the same boat as you! Just received my shipping notice this morning! Come on Estes Express!!!

Did my first cook on it today! I had a Brisket Point in my freezer waiting for this day. It came out amazing. Thanks for all the tips I’ve read on this forum, I’d be lost without them.

Attachments

• 07ACC39A-04BA-4F83-B5CB-39027242A79A.jpeg
    07ACC39A-04BA-4F83-B5CB-39027242A79A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
  • C43F1F8E-F6AE-4707-ABC3-74B46EE461EB.jpeg
    C43F1F8E-F6AE-4707-ABC3-74B46EE461EB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
  • 8CE2CB8A-3B21-43EC-B96B-2EBE46818F2F.png
    8CE2CB8A-3B21-43EC-B96B-2EBE46818F2F.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 68
Did my first cook on it today! I had a Brisket Point in my freezer waiting for this day. It came out amazing. Thanks for all the tips I’ve read on this forum, I’d be lost without them.
Wow, that looks great Nice smoke ring. How long did it cook?

Wow, that looks great Nice smoke ring. How long did it cook?
It took 6 hours to get to temperature. I started at 225 for the first 2 hours and raised it to 300 for the rest. Wrapped in butcher paper around 170 degrees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back