Pizza Pizza Garlic Cheese Bread

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have been making homemade pizza for years, but never had any luck on a grill. I just received my 590 on Friday so this was my first go at it. The only issue I had was that my dough was a still a bit cold and it really needed to be stretched more. Also I baked it for 7 minutes, 6 would have been just right.
But it was nice and airy and had that taste of wood fired pizza!

Ingredients:
1 Pizza Dough (enough for 12-14” pie)
2 T unsalted butter
2 t minced garlic
½ t garlic powder
1 T Parmesan cheese
1.5 cup grated mozzarella cheese (I mixed in some cheddar for this bake)

Optional: additional Parmesan cheese once the pie is done.

Directions:
Place pizza stone on grill and preheat on high.

In a small pan add butter, minced garlic and garlic powder. Melt and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Stir until garlic and garlic powder is well mixed.

Shape pizza dough as normal, then using a spoon add butter mixture to crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with mozzarella.

Place pizza on stone, add 2-3 teaspoons of pellets to the heat deflector and close the lid. Check at 6 minutes, if done remove and place on a cooling rack for 4-5 minutes before slicing.

Best Greg

pizza ready to bake.jpg
pizza stone.jpg
pizza.jpg

That pizza looks great! I've been making pizzas for literally decades now (yeah, you can kind of guess my age, I guess). I have been making some great pies and breads on my trailblazer with a screen. It works wonders, plus I can look into the rear vents to check on doneness and not need to open the top. I use my stone mainly on my grill and in the oven. I will have to give it a try on the RT.

That pizza looks great! I've been making pizzas for literally decades now (yeah, you can kind of guess my age, I guess). I have been making some great pies and breads on my trailblazer with a screen. It works wonders, plus I can look into the rear vents to check on doneness and not need to open the top. I use my stone mainly on my grill and in the oven. I will have to give it a try on the RT.
Hey Bytor,
My guess is we are close to the same age, making homemade dough, sauce and sausage for years.

I will be posting some of my recipes as I do them on the new grill.

For folks that do not want to make own crust, I would recommend , Trader Joe's, Publix and Kroger.
Best Greg

Where do you get dough like that? All I can find around here is crusts. That dough looks mighty good.

Homemade is the best !..another easy way I found is Marco's (or your local pizza place) usually sell you there's for cheap.

Where do you get dough like that? All I can find around here is crusts. That dough looks mighty good.
Hey Steve,
I have been making my own dough for 30+ years.... And I will post my recipe tomorrow it is really amazing.
But there are also some really good supermarket dough that you can by.
Kroger, Publix and Trader Joe's in that that order.
Greg

My next one will be dough. I'm sure it's much better than the crust. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely will drop by one of those this week.

My next one will be dough. I'm sure it's much better than the crust. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely will drop by one of those this week.
Glad to help Steve,
Let us know how it turns out.
Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back