Pressure Wash a Rec Tec Stampede?

SmokinIronman

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi all -

Any experience doing this? Just bought a used one and would love to clean it up.

Got a basic pressure washer - figured the cooking grates would be fine but curious about the outside plus auger system.

Thanks!

Got a basic pressure washer - figured the cooking grates would be fine but curious about the outside plus auger system.
I think the outside and even parts of the inside should be fine, but I would make double sure to stay away from any electronics.

As Mike says, stay away from the electronics, which might not be very easy with a true pressure washer. The auger would/could be a real problem too. Do you have compressed air available to blow out all the water as soon as you'd be done pouring on the water. Then a large pile of rags/towels to dry everything completely. Most of the stainless body is 430 grade so isn't "rustproof".

If the auger runs fine and isn't clogged just leave it alone. Same with the inside. Just scrape off any caked on ash/excess grease and shop vac it up. Why ruin the seasoning?

The grates are fine to pressure wash, but I think you'd be better off soaking them in warm water and dish soap. Then use a scouring pad and rinse off.

Just get a good orange based cleaner. Most 99 cent stores have LA's Totally Awesome, found this stuff by chance a few years ago and its by far the best orange cleaner i have used and at a buck by far the most economical. Soak any cruddy parts, let it sit and wipe it off. It happily eats any cooking related residue.

I bought a can of this at Home Depot and tried it this weekend with good results. Spray on foam and it stays put on vertical surfaces.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 9.06.03 PM.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back