Stampede Probe readings

CaptHinkle

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Anyone have issues with probes just going completely off? Grill set at 225 reading 300 etc?

Probes or grill temp? If it's the grill temps that are off, try lowering your feed rate. If you have the App, go into your grill. then the Settings (gear), then Minimum Feed Rate. Factory setting is 6.5, change it to 3.0.

Anyone have issues with probes just going completely off? Grill set at 225 reading 300 etc?
Confused too, but if its the meat probes, they can be a little sketchy on these grills, make sure the little nuts on the controllers probe ports are tight, just don't go crazy when tightening and then sometimes plugging the meat probes in and out several times makes it start to read normally again.

Confused too, but if its the meat probes, they can be a little sketchy on these grills, make sure the little nuts on the controllers probe ports are tight, just don't go crazy when tightening and then sometimes plugging the meat probes in and out several times makes it start to read normally again.
The probes were the last thing I thought of needing adjusting so yesterday I watched the video on how to adjust them and then found both Probe A & B were off 9 degrees so I adjusted them. Good thing is I dont have to mark one of the probes LOL

The probes were the last thing I thought of needing adjusting so yesterday I watched the video on how to adjust them and then found both Probe A & B were off 9 degrees so I adjusted them. Good thing is I dont have to mark one of the probes LOL
Early on I found after several cooks taking way longer then recipes called for I decided to calibrate the RTD pit probe and found it reading off by 25 to 30 degrees, I reset the offset and all has been good since then. The meat probes should be marked in some way to get them back into the same ports, I used a small yellow wire tie on the probes connector end where it plugs into port A. I only use the meat probes to get me into the neighborhood of the cooks temperatures I'm looking for then rely on my Thermapen MK4 to get the feel and the final temps I'm looking for.

The probes. Grill reads fine but I'll have instances like today where they start to sky rocket randomly in temps way higher than what I know they are. After unplugging and plugging back in to the controller they usually reset.

Picanha and short ribs on now!

Attachments

• BAF017F4-8FE7-4D47-B6F7-EB79C37BD077.jpeg
    BAF017F4-8FE7-4D47-B6F7-EB79C37BD077.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
  • 381FFFBE-0F40-4D06-A716-C02776805115.jpeg
    381FFFBE-0F40-4D06-A716-C02776805115.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
  • B06B4EE9-9B9A-4756-91C8-3BBB2A84EF21.jpeg
    B06B4EE9-9B9A-4756-91C8-3BBB2A84EF21.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 75
The probes. Grill reads fine but I'll have instances like today where they start to sky rocket randomly in temps way higher than what I know they are. After unplugging and plugging back in to the controller they usually reset.
Just make sure the little nuts on the front of the controller probe ports aren't loose, You will need to recalibrate the probes again after tightening the nuts. I wouldn't mess with it when cooking wait to later.

Early on I found after several cooks taking way longer then recipes called for I decided to calibrate the RTD pit probe and found it reading off by 25 to 30 degrees, I reset the offset and all has been good since then...
Hmm, I'm testing this now. I'll see if or by how much mine is off. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back