Question for front shelf modders

That cowl has me scratching my head as I too don't recall it being a Mustang feature. The 68 Camaro would be a reasonable guess, but their louvers on the cowl had a raised/dropped (depending on your perspective) reveal around them. I have a fondness for the color on Mustangs from when I had a '13 Boss 302..........View attachment 855

Did you see where the Bullitt car sold at Meacum auction this past weekend.......$3.4M with 10% surcharge total of $3.74M

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/12/business/bullitt-mustang-auction-record.html

Did you see where the Bullitt car sold at Meacum auction this past weekend.......$3.4M with 10% surcharge total of $3.74M

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/12/business/bullitt-mustang-auction-record.html

Yep, saw that. Just a little out of my range...………………... :ROFLMAO:
My first thought though was that the damage done during the film had been "repaired"..........so, originality is somewhat compromised even though the car presents better with the fixes. It's a car guy thing.......................

They said that there was two when they filmed the movie but one got destroyed.....this one wasn't in the best of shape.....had rust, no headliner...... but it sure sounded good

They said that there was two when they filmed the movie but one got destroyed.....this one wasn't in the best of shape.....had rust, no headliner...... but it sure sounded good

I met McQueen once when I was in my 20s. I was at Santa Paula airport fueling my plane when someone said "nice plane". It was him. I was in an aerobatic club there and later that day, a friend asked if I wanted to go have beers, he mentioned McQueen would be there. I said I had to fly back home. He offered a couch. I declined. What a mistake. What was I thinkin?

I suggest 30 inches wide (same as grill) and 10 to 14 inches deep. Space away from the grill by 3 or 4 inches so the wood stays away from the heat - and/or put a metal strip (or an angle) on the edge next to the grill. See my post about modifying or adding a shelf to the RT590. (Modifying or Adding a shelf to the RT 590 Stampede.) The RT shelf shown in my post is 30" x 10". It will hold anything from a 16" pizza stone or a large pan or cutting board. If you make it too deep or space it out too far, then you could tip the grill if you put something heavy on the front edge. Also if it doesn't fold down, then you must reach over it to access the grill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back