Pork Quick brined pork chops on the Bull...first attempt great!

capturtle

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have had the Bull for a few weeks. So far I have made a boston butt, prime rib and two baby back rib dinners. All have come out great. The Prime Rib was one of the best I have had. I wanted to try pork chops which can be dry and bland if your not careful. My wife even enjoyed them and she generally does not like pork chops. I adapted the recipe from several I have seen online.

Four 3/4 - 1 inch pork rib chops. Quick brined* for an hour in 12 oz apple juice, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 1/2 Tb Kosher salt, 2 Tb of my own pork rub, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Dried them off, coated with a little avocado oil and applied a light coat of my rub.

Smoked at 225F for about an hour and half until 135-140F. I turned them at 95F. Rested for 10 minutes covered with foil then seared each side for a few minutes on Grillgrates on my gasser.** I glazed with BBQ sauce towards the end.

They were nice and moist with a light smoke flavor.

*I think another hour or two in the brine would be even better.
**I live in Florida and I am cooking in between the T-storms tonight, so I did not sear on the Bull. I had the gasser ready.

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpeg
    IMG_2146.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 108

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back