Quick Lunch

Gotbbq

Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Ever once in awhile I need to make a quick lunch and try to use the bull to do so. Today I made boneless and skinless thighs with Rec Tec comp rub. Cranked up to high. Got to 520 ( maybe would have gone higher but I was hungry) used sear plates. I was surprised how much smoke was put out at that temp. A little nervous for a grease fire. Good lunch with leftovers.

What do you make for a quick lunch? Any ideas would be appreciated.??

Attachments

• 89D8997D-71BC-42DE-8229-088F4C93A0DD.jpeg
    89D8997D-71BC-42DE-8229-088F4C93A0DD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
  • A026534A-FAE8-4A83-8B42-68EDC8E6136B.jpeg
    A026534A-FAE8-4A83-8B42-68EDC8E6136B.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 80
  • 5A525387-2695-4242-A49B-8C42ECA97D39.jpeg
    5A525387-2695-4242-A49B-8C42ECA97D39.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 81
Ain't nothing wrong with that brother!

I usually have some form of dough in the fridge, so I like to make pizzas, stromboli or anything dough related a lot. Toss it on a screen high heat and bam, practically a wood fired pizza.

I usually have some form of dough in the fridge, so I like to make pizzas, stromboli or anything dough related a lot. Toss it on a screen high heat and bam, practically a wood fired pizza.
Can it make a thin crispy crust? Haven’t tried pizza yet. ??

Can it make a thin crispy crust? Haven’t tried pizza yet. ??
Yes, it can. I find forming the dough out really thin on a greased pizza pan then invert the dough onto a pizza screen works great. I will then dock the dough with a fork several times in a uniform pattern to help prevent the crust from rising much. Prebaking a few minutes sets up the pie so toppings can be added and still keep the top crispy.

Yes, it can. I find forming the dough out really thin on a greased pizza pan then invert the dough onto a pizza screen works great. I will then dock the dough with a fork several times in a uniform pattern to help prevent the crust from rising much. Prebaking a few minutes sets up the pie so toppings can be added and still keep the top crispy.
Thanks. Maybe this weekend. I found an easy dough Recipe. ??

Be sure to make a batch large enough to store in the fridge for the week. I like to separate into 10-12 ounce balls and keep them for something easy during the week. Heck, cut those in half, add some lunch meat, veggies and cheese and bake them. Quick and tasty lunch☺

Be sure to make a batch large enough to store in the fridge for the week. I like to separate into 10-12 ounce balls and keep them for something easy during the week. Heck, cut those in half, add some lunch meat, veggies and cheese and bake them. Quick and tasty lunch☺
Dough can stay in the fridge for a week, no issues? ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back