Stampede Rainy week in Arkansas coming up... safe to use RT-590?

SpartyBuckeye

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey Y'all! I am off work this week, and planned on doing some long smokes on my Stampede. The forecast is showing that it will be quite rainy this week and I am apprehensive about using the grill in the rain. Should I be worried that moisture will get into the pellet hopper, or worse, damage the electronics/controller? I am not worried about it messing up the food... just worried about messing up my grill which would require repair. What is everyone's experience with using their RT in the rain?

I would call customer service and ask them about it... It might void the warranty if something DOES go wrong.

oh I see that this has already happened....did you use it in the rain afterall? Did it do any damage or did you decide to hold off ?

Hi Sparty….how did the cook go? I have an awning over my pits, so most of the time I am cooking under "dry" conditions. However, there have been a few times I have cooked in rain and snow with zero issues. The biggest concern is to be sure you fill your hopper while it is dry and not raining.

I've used mine in light rain and snow with no issues. Over the course of 3-6 hour cooks that can be pretty hard to avoid. I wouldn't use it in thunderstorms or blizzards though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back