Really frustrated etc 340 temp

Mrchez

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Matador
So after receiving my new controller and installing it there is no change. Up 50 degrees down 30 degrees. Pretty much on phone all afternoon. Get it has to stabilize yep should be good now etc etc etc then up 50 degrees again. Then send us screen shots which I did. They do listen but losing confidence in them. First guy said turn feed rate to 5 on new controller. Then next guy said 30. Well my old controller I could do 30 so what’s the point
Not a happy camper. Less problems with my gmg which I got rid of to get this which was supposed to be superior

So after receiving my new controller and installing it there is no change. Up 50 degrees down 30 degrees. Pretty much on phone all afternoon. Get it has to stabilize yep should be good now etc etc etc then up 50 degrees again. Then send us screen shots which I did. They do listen but losing confidence in them. First guy said turn feed rate to 5 on new controller. Then next guy said 30. Well my old controller I could do 30 so what’s the point
Not a happy camper. Less problems with my gmg which I got rid of to get this which was supposed to be superior
If you haven't been satisfied with the results you've received from speaking with Rec Tec's representatives I would recommend that you call either Ben the general manager or Ray Carnes or Ron Cundy the owners. Thier phone numbers were included with your grill. They will make it right. With that said these grills are mechanical and mechanical things break, even good products. It sucks for sure but it happens.

If you haven't been satisfied with the results you've received from speaking with Rec Tec's representatives I would recommend that you call either Ben the general manager or Ray Carnes or Ron Cundy the owners. Thier phone numbers were included with your grill. They will make it right. With that said these grills are mechanical and mechanical things break, even good products. It sucks for sure but it happens.
Thanks

Yeah, that's not typical. The 340 and its precursor always held +/- 10 degrees for me.

I have a 340 and its dead nuts on all the time. I have a few dumb questions for you. If you have addressed them in a previous post I apologize.

what temp range on grill are you having problems? For examp!e 225 or 450?
What brand pellets and wood flavor are you using? Is the bag new or something you bought last year?
Have you tried a fresh bag of pellets
is the outside temp where you at cooler or warmer climate?
is it real windy?
is it possible the temp probe in the grill is bad or had a loose wire, cracked side of fitting?

I know that's a bunch of questions but it could be something outside of the controller. Two bad controller don't seem normal, but they could have gotten a bad batch.

worked with rectec for 48 hrs decided since its new and new controller and 1000 other thing were checked they are sending out a new grill. literally spent close to 10 full hours on phone over 2 days and multiple pics with no known answer

I had to turn my minimum feed rate down to 2.0 Through the front panel by holding down the gear icon. They told me to go as low as 1.5. The app would not allow you to go that low. Mine had swings in warmer temperatures before I did that. It’s been perfect At 2.0. Mine is a 340 too.

I had to turn my minimum feed rate down to 2.0 Through the front panel by holding down the gear icon. They told me to go as low as 1.5. The app would not allow you to go that low. Mine had swings in warmer temperatures before I did that. It’s been perfect At 2.0
we changed mine to all different settings including a new controller--they believed after replacing the contrller and no go, it may be auger moter so they said they would swap the grill out. Bummed i go the holiday weekend without the grill but support couldnt be any better. Hopefully by next weekend will be grilling again

we changed mine to all different settings including a new controller--they believed after replacing the contrller and no go, it may be auger moter so they said they would swap the grill out. Bummed i go the holiday weekend without the grill but support couldnt be any better. Hopefully by next weekend will be grilling again
Did they have you lower it down that low or was 3.0 the lowest you went?

Did they have you lower it down that low or was 3.0 the lowest you went?
went from highest to lowest 2hrs at a time over 2 days
every 15 min or so would either go from 200 to 150. or. 200-260

went from highest to lowest 2hrs at a time over 2 days
every 15 min or so would either go from 200 to 150. or. 200-260
Yes but did you lower the minimum feed rate below 3.0.? Did they have you lower it down as low as 2.0? Don't take this the wrong way cuz I definitely don't know everything. And there could definitely be something wrong with your grill. but you know how it is when you call for tech support it depends who you get. I had one person up there tell me that 3.0 was as low as it would go. But then I got someone else that walked me right through that and it solved my problem. And mine was swinging about 50° before we tried that. just wanted to make sure that you had tried that just in case it would solve the problem for you to be able to use it this weekend. Once I got mine sorted out I have definitely loved it

Could it be possible your lid may be warped ? Causing an excessive amount of heat loss? Look at it from the back and see if its straight.

Could it be possible your lid may be warped ? Causing an excessive amount of heat loss? Look at it from the back and see if its straight.
its was straight its already sent back to rectec

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back