Rec Tec 590 grease draining wrong way.

Kathleenmelissa

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Rec Tec 590 grease draining wrong way. I checked level and it is off. I turned grill around and still off same way.
444548-f360b6f0356a2916c325fdfc10d4cb74.jpg
444550-11a628235d23b6becca95319e03ddf31.jpg

I am thinking, should I buy a new wood pellet smoker!!:unsure:

Last edited:
Grease tray slopes to the right, towards the grease bucket. I did 2 lbs of bacon and had a ton of grease in the barrel. I had the bacon past the edge of the grease pan. I now always check to make sure they cook is within the grease pan, not just on the grill. ??

Rec Tec 590 grease draining wrong way. I checked level and it is off. I turned grill around and still off same way.
View attachment 4975 View attachment 4976
Last weekend I made a brisket. Before I started I cleaned my grill and foiled the drip pan. When I replaced the drip pan I didn't have it setting up on the ledge on the left side of the grill. Fortunately, my grease still drained to the right due to the slope of my driveway. I caught my error when I cleaned the grill when I was done. But as @Gotbbq said make sure your meat isn't extending past the drip pan even if the pan is in correctly.

You can see in my one picture how my tray was sitting when I missed the ledge.

Attachments

• IMG_6591.jpg
    IMG_6591.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6590.jpg
    IMG_6590.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
Had that issue before also. 1st time was operator error. Didn't have drip tray all the way on ledge. 2nd, I had it setting in garage entrance because of rain. Found out garage floor is not level by a little over 3/4" . I move mine all the time according to wind/weather so need to make sure each time from now on.

As others have noted, it can be easy to have the drip pan resting against the ledge on the left side instead of sitting on top of it. Made that mistake myself early on and it does affect the slope of the tray.

There are other possibilities, just remember it drains by gravity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back