Rec Tec app issues

I too haven't had any alarms using the Android app. I've noticed there has been an update or two lately and am planning on using the Rec Tec Bull this afternoon.

I'll give it another go and see if the alarms work then.

Uninstalled and app and reinstalled. All alarms are now working

I tried this and no dice. The lack of functioning alarms has been pretty damn frustrating. Was a factor in going with this brand of grill.

I contacted the company to try to troubleshoot the issue. First off, the customer service is excellent. They've been back and forth with me trying to get the issue figured out. I even saw an app update pushed out this morning.

We've done several basic steps to try to narrow down the problem. I've uninstalled the app, updated to the latest update (Version 1.5.3), completely deleted my grill and went through the network setup process again, tried using just cell data and not WiFi, and completely reset my iPhone's (iOS 12.4) settings to ensure I did not screw up a notification setting on my end. I'm not using a VPN or doing anything funky with my network. No alarm is working yet though.

If anything changes I'll post an update.

I contacted the company to try to troubleshoot the issue. First off, the customer service is excellent. They've been back and forth with me trying to get the issue figured out. I even saw an app update pushed out this morning.

We've done several basic steps to try to narrow down the problem. I've uninstalled the app, updated to the latest update (Version 1.5.3), completely deleted my grill and went through the network setup process again, tried using just cell data and not WiFi, and completely reset my iPhone's (iOS 12.4) settings to ensure I did not screw up a notification setting on my end. I'm not using a VPN or doing anything funky with my network. No alarm is working yet though.

If anything changes I'll post an update.

I haven't done a cook until today, smoking a couple pastrami chunks. My setup duplicates yours based on what you've posted; Stampede, V 1.5.3, and just got the IOS 12.4 uploaded yesterday. The alarms are working fine. No help for figuring out what your problem is except eliminating the basics as the cause.

I checked my app and seen it needed to update... So hopefully that fixes my problem also. Thanks guys.
Will check it next cook.

Has anyone ran into this issue, where the graphing portion of the application reports a different set point temperature? Far as I can tell the graph is reporting my set point to be around 270ish, when it is actually set at 325..

Screenshot_20190911-105232_RECTEC.jpg

Screenshot_20190911-105237_RECTEC.jpg

Definitely odd... Looks like you're correct and it isn't reporting the proper temp setting. I haven't had this problem looks like a call to RT might be in order. Time says 45 mins in.... Was it there even at startup or 5mins in?

Definitely odd... Looks like you're correct and it isn't reporting the proper temp setting. I haven't had this problem looks like a call to RT might be in order. Time says 45 mins in.... Was it there even at startup or 5mins in?

325 is what I fired up set at it's been running at that temp for the duration.

Funny thing. soon after I snapped the screen shot, the smoker self adjusted down to 270 deg. to match the graph. I noticed that change and adjusted it back to 325.. *head scratcher*

I'll send a message off to the RT folks.

Is anyone else having their app crash on startup with the latest version 1.5.4 on iOS 13.1.x? I've tried it on both 13.1.1 and 13.1.2 with the same problem.

I updated my software on my ipad now the app doesn't work it crashes - Uninstalled and reinstalled any help would be great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back