Rec Tec app issues

I should have checked this thread before I updated to 13.1.2 a couple of days ago...

I've heard the same story for over three weeks and I'm very frustrated as well. I took delivery of my 590 last week and kept all the packaging that it came in just in case I have to use that 30 day guarantee...this is a deal breaker for me.
Hang in there dude. They will get the app fixed. The Rec TEC smoker it self is second to none. Please try and be patient with the app.

I just called Rec Tec for an update on the app issue. I’m told that it’s going to be the end of this week yet for a fix.

Response I received today from RT was "hoping to have update released this Friday, next week at the latest we are just waiting on apple to review the new update".

To be clear, I have received the "done by Friday or early next week" response for the last three weeks. I'm very disappointed.

No issues with my android phone but my iPad crashes.

Not sure if anybody else here is a beta tester for the app through TestFlight. I am and I’m able to install a previous build (1.5.3) that is currently working for me. I know it’s not ideal as it is not a long term solution but whatever it helps in the meantime while RecTec fixes issues with the app.

Yes, New app was pushed to iOS last night and it can at least start. And start the grill,

Using iPhone XS iOS 13.1.2 with Rec Tec V1.5.6 (316) application. Finally problems (crashing, connectivity and authentication) solved for this device! I also added an antenna as others have recommended and now this app is very responsive. Will test alarms with next grill.

App works for me at first glance. Ever since I got my rt700 the temp alerts haven’t worked, so I’m really hoping this update solves that issue.

So got an ios update a few days ago and just now decided to check on this. App now functions fine for me. 13.1.3

anyone Know if there is a fix for the temperature charting. Is shows data unavailable more times than it shows the data.
A5E33B7F-69E1-4477-8C8F-18BF24CF9C94.png

Just got an RT-590 and app charting does not work on android. Only get the temp of the probs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back