Rec Tec App wishlist (post yours too)

No. No it does not. Probe A and B does based on respective setting in Alarms but grill doesn’t alert us when it reaches the set point temp. Seems like such a simple and obvious need. Must be a legitimate reason why they have not done such, right?
Yes you're right it only alarms when it deviates not when you reach desired temp.

Add clock time to grid points. Current "smoker on time" shown requires you to calculate time on cook points.
Allow total cook time graph scaled to window like iGrill app so you can watch stall better.
Screenshot_20200426-153921.png

The alarms don't work on my I phone. But in fairness to RT I have not called them about it because I have not been able to sit by the grill while cooking during business hours.

All I can say is as a new owner, 380x I am disappointed in The app features are weak and the temp charting does not work. I figured WiFi connectivity would be worth the upgrade but am wishing I would of just bought an accessory for the extra money spent.

I love everything about my RT-1250, except the app when it comes to "busy" cooking days like today (Thanksgiving being arguably the busiest cooking day of the year here in the U.S.). They clearly have something underpowered/inefficient on the server side of things as the temp charting and push notifications ALWAYS fail to perform appropriately when "everyone" is using their grills all at the same time, overloading their systems with an influx of data.

I opened a ticket with their support this morning, though I'm sure no one will look at it until next week, but we'll see what they say eventually. I'm quite disappointed and regretting this purchase right now.

Every one knows that cats can't use apps.
People have been bitching about the app for years so that should of popped up in your
research.
A good accessory would be a weber!

Every one knows that cats can't use apps.
People have been bitching about the app for years so that should of popped up in your
research.
A good accessory would be a weber!
Found this Weber, not sure how it helps 🤔
1669308951347.png

No probe notifications on today’s smoke with the iPhone app. Luckily I had my phone open and caught it at 167°. Grrrr.

I love everything about my RT-1250, except the app when it comes to "busy" cooking days like today (Thanksgiving being arguably the busiest cooking day of the year here in the U.S.). They clearly have something underpowered/inefficient on the server side of things as the temp charting and push notifications ALWAYS fail to perform appropriately when "everyone" is using their grills all at the same time, overloading their systems with an influx of data.

I opened a ticket with their support this morning, though I'm sure no one will look at it until next week, but we'll see what they say eventually. I'm quite disappointed and regretting this purchase right now.
I had the same issues when I tried to use it on my first major holiday last year and also contacted them. They gave me some BS about working on improving the app and such. They’ve clearly added a few features but they haven’t addressed this core functionality properly. It is doing the same thing for me this year so it’s very disappointing.

I had the same issues when I tried to use it on my first major holiday last year and also contacted them. They gave me some BS about working on improving the app and such. They’ve clearly added a few features but they haven’t addressed this core functionality properly. It is doing the same thing for me this year so it’s very disappointing.
Servers are inadequate. They need scalable services but that probably comes with more cost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back