Bull Rec Tec Bull fan keeps kicking on and off

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey guys I have a bull 700.
The fan keeps kicking on and off I have a brisket on mid smoke it’s holding temp but the fan keeps kicking off and it’s getting time to wrap the night up and leave the smoker on. Please help me if you guys know what’s going on the fan is kicking on and then shutting off every five seconds

Hey guys I have a bull 700.
The fan keeps kicking on and off I have a brisket on mid smoke it’s holding temp but the fan keeps kicking off and it’s getting time to wrap the night up and leave the smoker on. Please help me if you guys know what’s going on the fan is kicking on and then shutting off every five seconds
All good. The fan goes on and off while you are cooking. It actually goes on and off more when you are at the lowest temps. On to get to temp, off when there. All good. ??
smoker on. Please help me if you guys know what’s going on the fan is kicking on and then shutting off every five seconds

I noticed this for the first time yesteday. Had the 700 at 350 smoking some Buffalo Chicken Dip in a cast iron skillet. when I went to add my ribs, I turned it down to 225 and the fan started the 5 sec intervals. Glad I had seen a similar thread several days back or I might have panicked. I did noticed that the interval shortened as it got closer to set temp.

They have to cycle the fan like this to maintain a fire if they shut the fan off completely when turning the grill to a lower temperature the fire would go out.

I live in Arizona and lowered the feed rate from 6.5% to 4.0% and the fan cycling stopped. I was doing a 225 degree cook (first cook). It was about 95 degrees out. I heard that us folks in hotter areas should lower our feed rate a bit. That cook and my brisket cook today are both happening with no fan cycling.

Love this forum!

95 degree outside here in Louisiana doing a brisket at 225 and has been short cycling for the last hour. 5 seconds on, 5 off.

Read the above, reduced feed rate from 6.5 to 5.0 and now running steady and temp is perfect. Guess it doesn’t hurt anything but it is kinda aggravating when you sit by the pit sipping a brewsky

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back