Rec Tec Cust Svc not responding

IBDANL

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I can't get cust svc to answer phone or respond to email - anyone else having problems??

Email is hit or miss with them from my experience as far as response time. I emailed one of them last Thursday and am waiting for a response. Usually they’re very good about phone calls though. I wonder if they are inundated from the holidays.

Think I caught a reference on a social media video to them moving to a new location (?). Not sure when, but you'd expect phones to work unless something happened in the transition.

Email is hit or miss with them from my experience as far as response time. I emailed one of them last Thursday and am waiting for a response. Usually they’re very good about phone calls though. I wonder if they are inundated from the holidays.
I can't get cust svc to answer phone or respond to email - anyone else having problems??
Just got an email -- they are swamped. Thanks for your feedback

Rec Tec STILL hasn't responded to my many voice mails - it's been 8-10 days. Given up on them. Will find answers (hopefully) in this forum

I'm mystified by your experience. If I call they return it - sometimes within minutes even if I don't leave a message. If I email they reply in fewer than 24 hours.

Have you already started another thread that outlines your issue(s)?

I think this is the first post I've seen where RT customer service was brought into question. So very odd that they haven't responded. I can understand the holiday business rush and their move to a new facility but to have a support entry go unanswered for 8 to 10 days, that's not like them.. Maybe a technical error has occurred with their support system and what has happened is an anomaly.

When was the last time you tried to contact them both via Voice and Email?

If I were you, I'd stay at it until they respond and then open a dialog on what circumstances have caused this and is this what to expect on future communications with them. I'd be surprised if they didn't bend over backwards to resolve and restore your confidence.

Just my 2 cents.

I think this is the first post I've seen where RT customer service was brought into question. So very odd that they haven't responded. I can understand the holiday business rush and their move to a new facility but to have a support entry go unanswered for 8 to 10 days, that's not like them.. Maybe a technical error has occurred with their support system and what has happened is an anomaly.

When was the last time you tried to contact them both via Voice and Email?

If I were you, I'd stay at it until they respond and then open a dialog on what circumstances have caused this and is this what to expect on future communications with them. I'd be surprised if they didn't bend over backwards to resolve and restore your confidence.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate your feedback. I'm going to shoot ANOTHER email across their bow and let them know I am NOT pleased with the service. Seriously, I've left at LEAST 4 voice mails. Then stopped calling. I'm a tad up in the years, Irish, and have zero tolerance for poor customer service. Love my Rec Tec, though

Just incase you have a bad contact number.

Screenshot_20200109-153936.png

Ok -- my last email got some action. They got back to me within 30 minutes. Don't know what happened, but they bent over backwards to help me.
All questions answered..I apologized for getting my dander up and they understood.
Great product AND (finally), we're friends again :)>)
These grills are THE best !

Ok -- my last email got some action. They got back to me within 30 minutes. Don't know what happened, but they bent over backwards to help me.
All questions answered..I apologized for getting my dander up and they understood.
Great product AND (finally), we're friends again :)>)
These grills are THE best !
Just an FYI -- my main question was the alerts not working. I have an Iphone 8 + running OS13.3. Zach was able to get the alerts to run remotely (gotum on my Iphone). He's sending me a new controller for my 340. A bit of a pain in the patoot -- they should be able to update via app firmware..but he understands. Maybe in the future make it more seamless.
Cooking meatloaf as we speak!!

Im surprised. I called them Saturday about my grates and igniter. I had new ones on Wednesday. Always have had immediate responses from customer service. Top notch company and products in my book. Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back