Bull Rec Tec RT-700 fan running intermittent

Jorhammer

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Im in hour 9 of a cook and the fan is starting and stopping. Temp seems ok, but odd that is doing a fan burst of 5 seconds on then off. Stops after 5 minutes, temp is not fluctuating. Dont know how normal this is. After a bit the fan runs continuously for about 5 minutes and then back to the 5 second cycling

Agreed and will add that my guess would be you're running lower temp (e.g. 225ish) and you've got some pellets that are a higher percentage of hardwood (burn slightly hotter than fruit wood), and/or your smoker is in the sun/heat so the chamber temp is staying at set point more easily than either earlier in the day or in the shade.

Agreed and will add that my guess would be you're running lower temp (e.g. 225ish) and you've got some pellets that are a higher percentage of hardwood (burn slightly hotter than fruit wood), and/or your smoker is in the sun/heat so the chamber temp is staying at set point more easily than either earlier in the day or in the shade.
Agree completely on all points Bob! The more I use it the more I have become familiar with how it reacts to different conditions and the more confidence I have in it to produce the results I am looking for.

Man, Uncle Bob, that was awesome. I was worried about my blower, but the situation you describe above is exactly what I have going on. I know it's almost a year after your post, but thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back