Rectec app error message

@jzone1971 I normally get error messages about the app being disconnected if I open the app and leave it open for 10-15 minutes. However when I click ok to clear the error the app continues working as normal.

I just got a new phone this week and have yet to try the app on it. That said I don't recall getting errors on the temp chart.

I was getting the "Data or Parameter Error" message when trying to open the chart. I called Rec-Tec, and the fix is simple. Open the chart and click on "Units" in the upper right-hand corner. The default is 30s, set this to 15 min. The chart shows up right away. The 30s option is too many data points for a long smoke, and it doesn't fit. Hope that helps.

MIchael

I was getting the "Data or Parameter Error" message when trying to open the chart. I called Rec-Tec, and the fix is simple. Open the chart and click on "Units" in the upper right-hand corner. The default is 30s, set this to 15 min. The chart shows up right away. The 30s option is too many data points for a long smoke, and it doesn't fit. Hope that helps.

MIchael
Thanks so much, Mike. Just had this issue with my first long smoke on my new 2 week old RT-700 and your post fixed me up.

Bill

Has anyone had an issue with being able to create an account on the app? I assembled my Bull last weekend and downloaded the app. I tried to create an account and everytime I tried to enter the country the app crashes. I've been contacted 2 times by customer service who told me that they'd send this issue to their app developer. It still doesn't work and needless to say I'm a bit frustrated. I'm looking forward to being able to use the wifi feature on my Bull but it's really starting to be an irritant. Love my Bull but the app not so much! Any help would be greatly appreciated! AJ

@ADJWIS the app could use some tender loving care. I would first suggest uninstalling the app, rebooting your phone then try reinstalling and creating an account.

Thanks so much, Mike. Just had this issue with my first long smoke on my new 2 week old RT-700 and your post fixed me up.

Bill
Got this error message for the first time today. First time I surpassed 14 hours on a smoke. When I change the parameter to 15 minutes, the temp chart comes up without the error message but has no data. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Perhaps I'll unistall the app and start all over. I am trollling all the forums to try find something that will get the WiFi feature to work. I view this as a complete app failure. I even have planters and watering systems that work on wifi but something as simple as a little wifi antenna on a grill is this challenging - rediculous.

Can’t create an account on the app I rebooted my phone and reinstalled the app and still can’t create an account

Can’t create an account on the app I rebooted my phone and reinstalled the app and still can’t create an account
Give customer service a call, they’ll hook you up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back