Removed Light in my Bull - what to use the switch for

SJDawg

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi All - I recently (accidentally) removed the light housing from my Bull while trying to temporarily remove the light cover. I already had everything off when I realized that the lens just pops off for cleaning. Anyway, in the process of trying to get it back in I accidentally broke the wires attached to the light ballast. Honestly I have NEVER even used the light so not sure why I was even tinkering with it.

Rather than try to reattach the wires I just pulled them back through the back side and capped them off with tape and wire nuts and tossed the whole light into my shed drawer. Sooo - question is - Now I have a cool rocker switch that I can attach to something - any ideas or suggestions as to what I could do either with the rocker switch to control something else, or remove the rocker switch altogether and put something else in the same place?

All ideas welcome!! And GO!

Haha I knew I would open myself up but bring it on!
I was being serious....there was a person here who said they were having problems with the pellets not leveling and running out of pellets even though there were alot in the hopper. Since then I check my hopper often and use my hand to keep them level.

Now that @dsandersus fella...hes a little on the wierd side...;)

I was being serious....there was a person here who said they were having problems with the pellets not leveling and running out of pellets even though there were alot in the hopper. Since then I check my hopper often and use my hand to keep them level.

Yes I also check every time I fire it up. I also keep it full most of the time or at least no lower than half.

Yeah, that dsandersus dude is not right in the head... Must be all the blue smoke he's been inhaling over the past month or so... ;)

I was also the one that was having issues with pellets defying the gravity laws. The vibrating box is a solid idea.

Yes I also check every time I fire it up. I also keep it full most of the time or at least no lower than half.
I have to do this as well, otherwise I stand the chance of having an empty auger with pellets clinging for their life on the sides of the hopper.

Yeah, that dsandersus dude is not right in the head... Must be all the blue smoke he's been inhaling over the past month or so... ;)

I was also the one that was having issues with pellets defying the gravity laws. The vibrating box is a solid idea.
I thought that was you but just wasnt sure....memory is leaving faster than the wives at this point. o_O

Ya know if you really think about it...if the circuit could handle it you could wire in with the fan so that when the fan came on the motor would vibrate pellets settle and those wall huggers wouldn't have a chance!

OK well I knew you guys would bring it hahaha. thanks for the suggestions . Think I will do the external light idea.

Big A** speaker playing only AC/DC songs. I do this while cooking on a small (but very loud) bluetooth speaker. This is a habit leftover from having to stand 5 hours on a propane vertical smoker adjusting the temp every few minutes. Since getting the big Bull I don't need to babysit but still play the music so my neighbors know I'm smoking/grilling.

Hi All - I recently (accidentally) removed the light housing from my Bull while trying to temporarily remove the light cover. I already had everything off when I realized that the lens just pops off for cleaning. Anyway, in the process of trying to get it back in I accidentally broke the wires attached to the light ballast. Honestly I have NEVER even used the light so not sure why I was even tinkering with it.

Rather than try to reattach the wires I just pulled them back through the back side and capped them off with tape and wire nuts and tossed the whole light into my shed drawer. Sooo - question is - Now I have a cool rocker switch that I can attach to something - any ideas or suggestions as to what I could do either with the rocker switch to control something else, or remove the rocker switch altogether and put something else in the same place?

All ideas welcome!! And GO!
How big a hole was left when you removed the light? Can you take a Picture maybe inside and outside the grill with the light out?

I’m thinking about removing the light so i can have a few more inches for a larger second shelf to slide in without having to notch the slide-in shelf for the useless light.

Last edited:
1629553167391.jpeg

Light removed, SS hole plug installed. I probably did this in Nov.

Can you wire it to an electrical outlet? Then you could plug in whatever you needed.

Attachments

• BD524545-B601-4BD6-9608-AA4FA44C6908.jpeg
    BD524545-B601-4BD6-9608-AA4FA44C6908.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 69
Can you wire it to an electrical outlet? Then you could plug in whatever you needed.
There is no reason it can't be done. I'm sure existing wiring and switch is rated for minimal current.

What’s the voltage of the internal light? I may hardwire an outside light, either magnetic or attached to the controller housing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back