Bull Replaced the internal light with Gooseneck LED external light

abed77

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hello All,

Removed the internal light so i can get the large shelf to go all the way in and get more room. Also the internal light does nothing at all.

Purchased this light from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PRQCV34/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  1. Removed the old light and cut the wire off.

2. Ran the new wires down the same route and wired
    1. Red wire from the light to Blue wire on Rec Tec
    2. Blue wire to the White wire on Rec Tec
  3. soldered and used crimps to seal.

4. I leave the switch on the light so the switch from the Rec Tec controllers the power .
Only issue is i think i need to figure out how to close the hole inside the Rec Tec. Area that the original light was on.

Fianl6.jpg
Final6.jpg
Final7jpg.jpg
Final8.jpg
Final5.jpg
Final4.jpg
Final2.jpg
Final1.jpg
Final.jpg

thanks
Nader

I want to see pics of your bicycles when you were a kid, lol. Great job.

If you can find one at a propane distributor or a tank manufacturer get one of their stainless steel inspection plates drill holes just inside the corner of the old light and use washers and bolts to hold in place without drilling holes in your lid. You can use fiberglass cloth to make a gasket if you wish.

I'd bet you could find a stainless hole plug for it. Get a good measurement of the hole and I'd bet we could help find one.

I ended up using a 1/2 electrical plug.. wasn't a perfect fit - removed the hopper and and bent the tabs worked out pretty good. kinda hard to see it in this picture.

thanks everyone!

Attachments

• RECTEC_PLUG.jpg
    RECTEC_PLUG.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 107

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back