Bull Ribeye Slow Smoke

I dont believe it, show some pictures. I have done this numerous times with my 6 burner bbq that gets extremely hot. In fact, the aluminum grates stay there all the time when I'm just bbq-ing regulary. They never warped even still after 2 years.

Are your aluminum sear grates from Rec Tec?

Come to think of it, doesn't aluminum give off toxins when cooking with it?😯 If so, I'm toxic.

LOL.. I thought for sure with how hot mine got on the Weber gasser they were going to melt or deform. I can't believe they are still straight as an arrow and I don't seem to be glowing at night yet ;).

I follow the Alton Brown method but with the Bull instead of an oven

Smoke @200 for 60 minutes or until internal temp reaches 115
Rest for 10 minutes, brush on a light coating of oil
While steaks are resting heat a cast iron pan super hot
Sear in cast iron 1 minute each side(I do mine for 45 seconds)
Rest again and serve
Where are you heating the CIS? Stove top?

A nice steak with beautiful grill marks is always impressive. But lately I have started searing in a cast iron skillet on my gasser and I doubt I’ll ever go back. The taste is out of this world. I can’t get it at restaurants. A tip that I got from Alton Brown was to always turn the steak on its side for a few seconds if there is fatty edge.

Attachments

• EF2792FC-1AC8-4615-AE95-2AAF0DA87824.jpeg
    EF2792FC-1AC8-4615-AE95-2AAF0DA87824.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
A nice steak with beautiful grill marks is always impressive. But lately I have started searing in a cast iron skillet on my gasser and I doubt I’ll ever go back. The taste is out of this world. I can’t get it at restaurants. A tip that I got from Alton Brown was to always turn the steak on its side for a few seconds if there is fatty edge.

Great tip on turning to the fatty edge. Never thought of that one.

I am pretty much on the flat side of the sear plates anymore on the gasser. I just prefer the full sear flavor as well. Maybe I should test the cast pan method :unsure: .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back