Ribeyes reverse seared glory !

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
It was my Wife's Birthday today (no fools*)..
She wanted steaks... I wanted to use my Bull. Worked out for us both, haha!
Seriously, the best steaks Ive ever made.
(2) 1.5lb-2" thick Ribeyes...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401185913588_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401191215895_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401191427242_COVER.jpg

I always thought that the initial sear process was to lock in the everything, all the juices, for a kick ass juicy steak. Hence, that's why to sear it first, then lower the temp and finish them off. I guess now that we are in the future, everything has changed. I'mo have to try this method, that looks awesome!

Holy crap; those look friggin' perfect. Why didn't I buy GrillGrates? Happy belated Birthday to the wifey.

(Rhetorical question; hopefully soon I will)

I always thought that the initial sear process was to lock in the everything, all the juices, for a kick ass juicy steak. Hence, that's why to sear it first, then lower the temp and finish them off. I guess now that we are in the future, everything has changed. I'mo have to try this method, that looks awesome!
It really works ....

Looks great. How hot did your pit get? Happy birthday to the Mrs. I always like gifts that work out for both people like steak or season football tickets. ??
I think I threw them on the grates @520° ...

I think I threw them on the grates @520° ...
They did look great. I read a post someone made that with all the time at home they are backed up with all the bbq they have made. More in the fridge than they can eat. I’m in the same boat too, but to do want to make those steaks! Move over, stuff in the fridge!

Only way to cook steaks! My wife was a little dubious when I told her I was going to reverse sear the steaks and now she will not allow me to cook them any other way! Juicy and tender!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back