RT 1250 incoming!

ringosmoke

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hi all,

Longtime grill slinger for many years with charcoal and wood, then gas and more recently pellets. I do all sorts of 4-season outdoor cooking, searing (reverse too), sizzling and smoking of just about any protein and/or veggies.

I threw in the towel on Louisiana Grills (1200) after too many issues in a matter of months since it was purchased. I'd been researching other options and decided to aim a little higher and order an RT-1250 during last week's sale. Looking forward to having more clearance between the grates plus the front shelf and handles too! Also interested in seeing if the cast iron heat deflector makes a difference in terms of heat consistency and maybe better roasting capabilities to some extent.

I used a long piece of 3/4" plywood and wheeled planter base to maneuver it up a couple steps from the garage through the house.

With the box top and sides removed, just cleared the sliding glass door opening onto the deck (one-floor above ground).

Assembled it out there and did the initial burn-in this morning.

IMG_20230425_113620~2.jpg

Last edited:
I used a long piece of 3/4" plywood and wheeled planter base to maneuver it up a couple steps from the garage through the house.

With the box top and sides removed, just cleared the sliding glass door opening onto the deck (one-floor above ground).

Assembled it out there and did the initial burn-in this morning.

View attachment 19093
Welcome, hope you are not in the dog house with a significant other over the use of the wheeled planter bases. I bought a furniture dolly to remain an inside sleeper🤣
You will enjoy I have no doubt.

Welcome, hope you are not in the dog house with a significant other over the use of the wheeled planter bases. I bought a furniture dolly to remain an inside sleeper🤣
You will enjoy I have no doubt.
Thanks for the welcome.

It has served me well as another set of hands moving heavier furniture items in a pinch. I like it because it is closer to the ground than a typical furniture dolly. I had to clear more than a foot up a couple of steps in < 3' to get the grill from the garage to main level so the lower, the better.

I also have a couple of 1980's vintage (and lowwwww profile to sneak under old cars with two flats on the same side) Snap-On floor jacks. Deploying one of those inside would have me the dog house for sure haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back